Breakaway - Deck Plans

js

I am interested in what the Breakaway itinerary will be after she completes her Bermuda cruises in October? Hopefully some longer winter cruises to the Caribbean will be available?

I also hope that the Breakaway has a larger pool than the miniscule one on the Epic?

Found this on another google search, not from same website where I found the deck plans with room codes:

The Norwegian Breakaway is scheduled to sail year-round from New York City beginning May 2013. From May through October 2013, the NCL Breakaway will embark on

7-night Bermuda cruises. Sail dates and itinerary details shown below:

7-Night Bermuda Cruise from New York

- Sunday: Departs New York at 4 PM

- Monday: Day at Sea

- Tuesday: Day at Sea

- Wednesday: Arrives into King's Wharf, Bermuda at 8 AM

- Thursday: Stays in King's Wharf, Bermuda

- Friday: Departs King's Wharf Bermuda at 5 PM

- Saturday: Day at Sea

- Sunday: Arrives in New York at 8 AM

Bermuda Sailing Dates for 2013:

May 12, 19, 26

June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30

July 7, 14, 21, 28

August 4, 11, 18, 25

September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29

October 6

Stay tuned for more NCL Breakaway itinerary updates.

I'll turn 65 week of June 16th 2013 - maybe a happy birthday cruise for me??

Which will mean probably 5th May Southampton - New York Inaugral cruise.. I might just try and book that!! :)

May 26 is Memorial Day weekend, which is close to my birthday (how tempting to book) but I am sure will be a little more expensive just because its a holiday weekend.

I am loving this thread, its getting me hyped up as the news slowly unfolds.

Is it my imagination or does the foreword stairwell seem set back, more midships?

I agree. The people in those forward facing suites will have a long hike to the nearest stairway or elevator? Strange that the smaller Gem/Jewel class ships have three sets of stairs/elevators, forward, midships and aft? They also have two large swimming pools, how many will the Breakaway have?

Breakaway Spa rooms including Suites, Mini suites, balcony = "Spa-themed accommodations will be available in full suite, mini-suite and balcony staterooms. In addition to the tranquil in-room spa-décor, guests staying in Spa accommodations will benefit from easy access to the adjacent Mandara Spa and fitness center, as well as complimentary access to the Thermal Spa Suites during regular Spa hours."

So with double occupancy... there are already 150+ spa passes given out... any left for the rest? For those who have sailed the Epic - do they sell spa passes to the non-spa staterooms like on the other ships?

Breakaway Spa rooms including Suites, Mini suites, balcony = "Spa-themed accommodations will be available in full suite, mini-suite and balcony staterooms. In addition to the tranquil in-room spa-décor, guests staying in Spa accommodations will benefit from easy access to the adjacent Mandara Spa and fitness center, as well as complimentary access to the Thermal Spa Suites during regular Spa hours."

So with double occupancy... there are already 150+ spa passes given out... any left for the rest? For those who have sailed the Epic - do they sell spa passes to the non-spa staterooms like on the other ships?

Yes as to Epic selling spa passes to non-spa staterooms. We purchased on very first day .... although spa was very nice only ended up using it twice so not such a good investment for us :)

Breakaway will have 16 elevators...Jewel class only has 12. I don't think the number of banks is an issue...Oasis/Allure are 50% larger (in passenger count) and they only have two elevator banks.

i only see about 12 elevators so far.. I guess the remaining 4 is for the haven?

i only see about 12 elevators so far.. I guess the remaining 4 is for the haven?

There are 16 elevators shown on the posted Breakaway floor plan that hasn't been confirmed by NCL yet.

It looks to me like the Breakaway elevator set up is the same as on the Epic.

It worked on the Epic and should work better on Breakaway with fewer passengers.

There are 16 elevators shown on the posted Breakaway floor plan that hasn't been confirmed by NCL yet.

It looks to me like the Breakaway elevator set up is the same as on the Epic.

It worked on the Epic and should work better on Breakaway with fewer passengers.

On Epic deck 11 there are 26 cabins between the Foreword Elevator banks and the front of the ship. On those deck plans in this thread on Breakaway there are 38! cabins. Thus unless they are even narrower these elevator banks are much further back.

For those who have been on Epic I'd guess the elevator shafts on Breakaway will be about level with the glass ones that go up to the top-hat. I.e. Less open deck space..

Breakaway will have 16 elevators...Jewel class only has 12. I don't think the number of banks is an issue...Oasis/Allure are 50% larger (in passenger count) and they only have two elevator banks.

I think the distance you have to walk to get to an elevator is an issue especially for elderly passengers. I think most passengers would prefer walking a short distance to four elevators than a long distance to eight elevators?

I think the distance you have to walk to get to an elevator is an issue especially for elderly passengers. I think most passengers would prefer walking a short distance to four elevators than a long distance to eight elevators?

Wouldn't you agree that passengers who can't or don't want to walk long distances should just choose a cabin close to the elevator?

Here's a shockeroony for you. $2000 for inside cabins!:eek:

Sept 1 – 8, 2013

Inside: 1038.04/person

Ocean View: 1198.04/person

Balcony: 1428.04/person

Sept 8 – 15, 2013

Inside: 933.04/person

Ocean View: 1098.04/person

Sept 15 – 22, 2013

Inside: 933.04/person

Ocean View: 1098.04/person

Sept 22 – 29, 2013

Inside: 983.04/person

Ocean View: 1148.04/person

Balcony: 1473.04/person

Sept 29 – Oct 6, 2013

Inside: 983.04/person

Ocean View: 1148.04/person

Balcony: 1473.04/person

Wouldn't you agree that passengers who can't or don't want to walk long distances should just choose a cabin close to the elevator?

I totally agree but if you want one one those forward facing suites, you better be in good shape.

I'd be more concerned with the fact that as these forward elevators serve the sun decks that it means the enclosed part of the ship is further back. There isn't much open deck on Epic (especially if you compare it to same size rivals RCL freedom class).

Where as the Spa is below top decks on Epic it appears to occupy a lot of what could have been open deck at the front of the ship!

Archived