Legend Question

Banks822

LE= Legend so your answer is YES

In-Cabin Mini bars

Ships: SP PR LE MI CQ GL VA LI FD SL DR MC BR (all staterooms)

Ships: TI VI DE (Categories: OS/GS)

All staterooms in the above categories have a stocked mini bar. The items will be replenished twice daily as the items are consumed and charged to the guest's Sail & Sign Account along with a 15% restocking charge. If the guest wishes to have the mini bar permanently locked, they must contact the Information Desk. On the night prior to debarkation, the mini bars in all staterooms will be locked

the mini fridges in the room are really glorified coolers. these do not keep things really cold.

Her best bet is to bring a small cooler-- one that holds 9 cans works wonders for us.

-- the fridge is locked- it is located in the vanity area.

I just got off the Legend (Rm 5199) and yes we had mini-bars. They are NOT refrigerators. They aren't very cold. They kept our drink "cool."

When we first got in the room, I asked our steward if he would remove all of the drinks/liquor as we didn't want to purchase any of it. He was nice but said he couldn't. So I asked if I could take them all out and put them in a drawer. He just smiled. I don't think he was allowed to tell me that was ok. I told him I'd put it all back at the end of the cruise. So no problem for us. He left our mini-bar alone.

HOWEVER, our friends across the hallway had a different steward. They asked the same thing and he told them no and that the beer had to stay in the mini-bar. Well, they did the same thing we did and put all of it in a nearby drawer. I think everytime they went back to the room, he had messed with their mini-bar, put their beer back in and took some of their stuff out to make room!

So I guess it's all in the steward, but you may not be able to empty out the mini-bar completely.

We were on the Legend in March.....asked to have the alcohol removed...was no problem.

The fridge is not very cold, but we just had our ice bucket replenished, or the kids did it themselves. The fridge is small but was suitable for our needs.

If wanting to store medication or insulin, it should be cold enough, but double check with your pharmacist for the temperature guidelines.

We also brought an insulated lunch bag/cooler so that we could bring our drinks on beach days and excursions.:)

We were on the Legend in April and our fridge was very adequate. I had read on CC that you should open the front cabinet door and let out the heat generated by the fridge thereby making it more efficient. Worked like a charm. Kept it loaded with sodas the entire cruise.

I just got off the Legend (Rm 5199) and yes we had mini-bars. They are NOT refrigerators. They aren't very cold. They kept our drink "cool."

HOWEVER, our friends across the hallway had a different steward. They asked the same thing and he told them no and that the beer had to stay in the mini-bar. Well, they did the same thing we did and put all of it in a nearby drawer. I think everytime they went back to the room, he had messed with their mini-bar, put their beer back in and took some of their stuff out to make room!

He went in their dresser drawers? I would have immediately call his superior.

He went in their dresser drawers? I would have immediately call his superior.

So far it never crossed my mind to remove tips (even after our steward accidentally broke my expensive sunglasses while cleaning the room), but this would be an occasion to consider it.

I was on a ship once and heard that a whole line of cabins had the sprinklers go off because some moron put a lighter up to the sprinkler. Now, it didn't happen to me, but someone I knew. All the items they left out on the beds and dresser tops were soaked, so I am mindful of putting everything away should that happen to me. I would hate to think that my personal items would be subject to pawing by anyone.

On our last cruise, I had cleaned off the vanity, leaving our invites to the Past Guest party out, so I would see them and remember to attend, after a port day.

The steward added some other papers to a stack I had in the room, also moving the invitations, and putting them under the papers, so I did not see them and remember the party. Annoyed me, but I guess he was just a neat freak.

The fridges are really like coolers. My friends that have to use meds(insulin) and stuff had to use the pharmacy's fridge because the cabin fridge would not keep them cold enough.

Also if Mom doesn't think that she will be drinking or munching out of the fridge, you can have the steward empty it. Or lock it.

I recently read on CC that some kids were balcony hopping and breaking into cabins via the balcony doors and emptying the booze out of people's fridges. Well you may not notice that you are being robbed if you don't use the fridge, and you will be chrged for what's taken out of it. Keep the balcony door locked when you are not in the cabin.

Cruise Happy:)

Archived