No Bon Voyage cabin decorations

Nicki61

I just called to order liquor and cabin decorations for our upcoming cruise and was informed no decorations for at least the month of October and she wouldn't take my order for our cruise 11/2.

Bummer, I wanted to get them for our Daughters cabin.

I placed an order for "Happy Anniversary" decorations with no problem. Is it just the Bon Voyage ones that are a problem?

Since it isn't my Daughters anniversary I didn't ask about that, but when I looked online to see what might be available, even happy anniversary isn't available.

Kinda sad, I really wanted to surprise her.

I sure wish they would upgrade the bon vayage site. I wish you could look at everything at once. I have going thru each cat. to find someithing because it seems there is no rythme of reason to some of the items and where they are placed. And could they offer some new items. I have not seen any differences in year. And why cant I find fun ship dollars on there site. I have to do a search on carnival each time I want to buy on even though they come thru the bon vayage dept.

I hope Carnival makes this part of there ongoing upgrades.

I wanted to get the Happy Birthday decorations for the DH.

They weren't available online.

But they did have the anniversay, bon voyage, etc.

Hopefully they'll bring the B-day ones back.

I wanted to get the Happy Birthday decorations for the DH.

They weren't available online.

But they did have the anniversay, bon voyage, etc.

Hopefully they'll bring the B-day ones back.

My rep said nothing was available. For at least the month of Oct.

Just called again to confirm, NOTHING, no cabin decorations available. No happy anything! :(

But I can call a day or 2 prior to cruising and check she said. So I will.

There is a thread that comes up about once a week from someone that keeps being told they will have them "next week.". She calls and pretty much copies the same thing from the week before that says no luck.

The goofy thing is that even though nobody can seem to order them there were a few people on the Dream last week that had them!!! They didn't realize that it was even an issue. I wonder if the ships have their own BV closet that shoreside has no information about...

I just got off the Pride a few days ago...I had tried to order Bon Voyage decorations a few months before and they told me they were not available ..I kept checking and checking up to 1 month before the cruise (end of August). Still not available. I then called Bon Voyage dept directly and ordered wine for sure and the gal said the bon voyage decorations were on back order and MIGHT be in by end of September. She allowed me to order them and if they did not show, I would be credited the fee...well low and behold when we embarked on the Pride on Sunday October 2nd, there was our cabin all decorated which was so cool. We saved them for our next cruise on the Glory next year. I would try to call them directly and see what happens. I have heard that some of the ships have them already on board in like the formalities shop.

That is a bummer about the decorations. I couldn't find them either the other day when they were there about two months ago. It is my dad's b'day and my son's b'day the week we go. Looks like I will have to buy my own decorations.

Also, does anyone know how you go about ordering a cake for the MDR? My dad's b'day is the day we leave.

Thanks

That is a bummer about the decorations. I couldn't find them either the other day when they were there about two months ago. It is my dad's b'day and my son's b'day the week we go. Looks like I will have to buy my own decorations.

Also, does anyone know how you go about ordering a cake for the MDR? My dad's b'day is the day we leave.

Thanks

This was a duh moment from our decorations, and this hint can help with hanging yours if you make them. On our cruise and having ordered Happy Anniversary decor, we kept ducking under one of the streamers all week until one time a got caught on it and fell...lo and behold the ends are magnetic! No taping for the room stewards. It is magnetic tape attached at intervals. To make it purchase magnetic tape (Joanns,Michaels) There should be a waxy paper that protects the sticky side-peel it away insert string end of decoration and reapply tape. The magnets were about 1" plus.

So we took all our decor down, rolled it around a folder for future use.

I just bought my own decorations from the Party City website. It only took a few days to get them. Also bought sticky tack to hang them up (for the door and such).

So, anyone on the Pride in December, just look for the door with the six foot palm tree on it. :cool:

• 5 weeks later...

I ordered "Bon Voyage" decorations for someones cabin via bonvoyage dept. on the phone,

The website still doesn't have their pic up again as an option to order, but the rep assured me that they'd be there.

As promised, on the 10/30/11 sailing they were set up in the room and were a big surprise/well enjoyed by the reciepients.

Go to the Dollar Tree or any party supply store and just do it yourself. Cheaper too.

Well, one can only do this if they are sailing, and as a surprise worth the BonVoyage cost IMO.

However, if you do purchase as jdvmd suggested--purchase pieces or a roll of 1/2" magnetic tape and cut into pieces. The tape part sticks or snadwich into decoration end and magnetic to cabin ceiling. The whole cruise we were ducking under a streamer, until I accidentally knocked it down--only to findout they now put up decor with magnets no sticky tape.

Go to the Dollar Tree or any party supply store and just do it yourself. Cheaper too.

I ordered these as a surprise for someone, as I was not in their cabin I didn't have access to it.

I was , however, near enough to hear them yell : "holy sh$t!" when they opened their door.

It was worth every penny!

Hi,

We just got back from the Dream yesterday. My brother-in-law wanted to decorate their cabin as a surprise for his wife for their first anniversary. He wasn't able to do so prior to sailing, as you are running into, but was able to go to the formalities shop and order while on board. We sailed Saturday. Sunday morning he ordered the decorations and they were decorated while we were at dinner Sunday night. I know it isn't the same as them seeing the decorations when they first get to the room, but I wanted to let you know that this may also be an option.

Happy Cruising! :)

Hi,

We just got back from the Dream yesterday. My brother-in-law wanted to decorate their cabin as a surprise for his wife for their first anniversary. He wasn't able to do so prior to sailing, as you are running into, but was able to go to the formalities shop and order while on board. We sailed Saturday. Sunday morning he ordered the decorations and they were decorated while we were at dinner Sunday night. I know it isn't the same as them seeing the decorations when they first get to the room, but I wanted to let you know that this may also be an option.

Happy Cruising! :)

Thanks, that is good to know. I also have ordered Bon Voyage liquor prior to cruise- anyone know if can order and recieve while on cruise?

Hi again - we did that as well. We ordered a bottle of rum from Bon Voyage, and then called room service mid-week and got another one delivered. as long as you order from room service and don't go to the shops to order - they will deliver to your room.

Hi again - we did that as well. We ordered a bottle of rum from Bon Voyage, and then called room service mid-week and got another one delivered. as long as you order from room service and don't go to the shops to order - they will deliver to your room.

Do you know if doing that results in a higher price than Bon Voyage prices?

The cabin decorations seemed to be a 'hit or miss' situation. We were planning to order the Happy Honeymoon decorations for our son and DIL on our Halloween cruise on the Legend because I saw them on the BV pages on the Carnival website at one point a few months ago. When we got closer to the cruise, all the decorations disappeared from the site. I called BV to order alcohol and soda for my wife and asked about the decorations. I was told that they were on back order fleet wide and might not be available for several weeks.

I even got confirmation from John Heald that it was a fleet wide issue; he actually sent a bottle of champagne and strawberries to the newlyweds instead. I thought that was awfully nice of him to do.

Joe

Archived