What's the big announcement tomorrow (10/13/11)??

imluvncruzn

Geez.....are you kidding me???? Really???? It's huge alright....a HUGE disappointment!!!!

Huge seems a bit hyperbolic. I'd consider this a disappointment as the garden variety, generic marketing attempt. It's in line with my expectations. ;)

perhaps the reason for the disconnect is that mr. heald and the carnival folks are confusing maroon 5 with the jackson 5. :confused:

It'd be a rare trick to get the Jackson 5 considering Michael is dead.

And even then, it's not inline with the demographic they are currently chasing.

It'd be a rare trick to get the Jackson 5 considering Michael is dead.

And even then, it's not inline with the demographic they are currently chasing.

Good point. Think I read on the board a couple of days ago it's the 18-35 crowd. Guess that would work for that demographic. Doesn't seem to me that anyone over 40 even knows who Maroon 5 is, or if the do, could give a rat's patootie about them :P

Good point. Think I read on the board a couple of days ago it's the 18-35 crowd. Guess that would work for that demographic. Doesn't seem to me that anyone over 40 even knows who Maroon 5 is, or if the do, could give a rat's patootie about them :P

I know quite a few people in the 40-60 range who are big Maroon 5 fans. I know some who in the 18-35 range who are too, but a lot less. The problem is that the music landscape in the 18-35 demographic is highly fractured in that it's the generation that really saw the rise of specialized radio (rap & hip hop, "alternative", C&W with very little cross over and many Top 40 stations being converted to a computer-generated programming format such as the "Alice" model) and they would be better off contracting out for specialty cruises (like the Weezer cruise) if they want to do a music tie-in.

I know quite a few people in the 40-60 range who are big Maroon 5 fans. I know some who in the 18-35 range who are too, but a lot less. The problem is that the music landscape in the 18-35 demographic is highly fractured in that it's the generation that really saw the rise of specialized radio (rap & hip hop, "alternative", C&W with very little cross over and many Top 40 stations being converted to a computer-generated programming format such as the "Alice" model) and they would be better off contracting out for specialty cruises (like the Weezer cruise) if they want to do a music tie-in.

That must be geographic as well then. Because I don't know anyone above 40 that could care less about Maroon 5.

Maroon 5 is actually more adult contemporary then Top 40, even though they've been pretty succesful with "Moves Like Jagger" being Top 40. It's gotten massive air time (way too much as I'm sick of the song). I think most of their songs appeal to the 30-50 age range ladies. When they were on Today Show a month or so ago the majority of the crowd looked like 30s-40s soccer moms. Just sayin'.......:rolleyes:

Maroon 5 is actually more adult contemporary then Top 40, even though they've been pretty succesful with "Moves Like Jagger" being Top 40. It's gotten massive air time (way too much as I'm sick of the song). I think most of their songs appeal to the 30-50 age range ladies. When they were on Today Show a month or so ago the majority of the crowd looked like 30s-40s soccer moms. Just sayin'.......:rolleyes:

Well clearly, I'm hanging with the wrong group of people then because none of my friends listen to Maroon 5, have never spoken of them, as in (use your best giddy voice), "OMG have you heard the new Maroon 5?", and I personally have not heard one song they've ever done. Of course, I'd rather have a quadruple root canal without anesthesia than listen to top 40 or "adult contemporary". ICK!!! Just sayin' :D

I think most of their songs appeal to the 30-50 age range ladies. When they were on Today Show a month or so ago the majority of the crowd looked like 30s-40s soccer moms. Just sayin'.......:rolleyes:

My husband does call them a "chick band." :o

Well clearly, I'm hanging with the wrong group of people then because none of my friends listen to Maroon 5, have never spoken of them, as in (use your best giddy voice), "OMG have you heard the new Maroon 5?", and I personally have not heard one song they've ever done. Of course, I'd rather have a quadruple root canal without anesthesia than listen to top 40 or "adult contemporary". ICK!!! Just sayin' :D

this news isn't even making jh's facebook page buzz! :rolleyes: or else everyone is busy googling the band.

Maroon 5 has been my favorite band since they came out in 1998-ish. And I'm in the vicinity of 40. :)

I would drive to Galveston to see them for sure. :cool:

Well then, I guess whomever posted that CCL is clearly going for the 18-35 crowd with the new bars and etc., on 2.0 was WAY off base. Seems it must be 30-50 year old WOMEN. You fellas are SOL. :D

Who posted that? Not sure what age has to do with the new 2.0:confused:

Perhaps if they could book a few real bands (which includes Maroon 5) to actually sail on their ships from time to time (not full ship independent charters). They could have some impressive sailings --- something to book for.

But this?

BIG?

I suppose if you live near the port! ;)

Tom

Perhaps if they could book a few real bands (which includes Maroon 5) to actually sail on their ships from time to time (not full ship independent charters). They could have some impressive sailings --- something to book for.

But this?

BIG?

I suppose if you live near the port! ;)

Tom

Ummm....No - not so much! :rolleyes:

Who posted that? Not sure what age has to do with the new 2.0:confused:

Dunno...look on the 2.0 thread, I believe that is where I read it. It's not gospel, as I recall, it was just speculation from whomever posted it that, the 18-35 demographic was who these new changes were targeting.

Archived