What's the big announcement tomorrow (10/13/11)??

imluvncruzn

perhaps the reason for the disconnect is that mr. heald and the carnival folks are confusing maroon 5 with the jackson 5. :confused:

LOL!!! - I can see that now .... the Carnival execs elbowing each other saying, “Wow, Tito sure looks a lot different in person? I hope they sing ABC” :D:D:D

If it didn't, and CCL was happy with their current demographic, they wouldn't be putting money out to make the ships more friendly to a younger crowd.

Still don't see where the new changes gear towards the younger crowd? I guess I am just young at heart:confused: I love the changes........and would assume all ages would.........

Still don't see where the new changes gear towards the younger crowd? I guess I am just young at heart:confused: I love the changes........and would assume all ages would.....

iTouch, you are eternal. You know no age.

As for the demographic, yes, they are going for a younger crowd. Why do you think they're going after such brands as DJ Irie as well as removing the name "disco"? Because people who are under 35 hear "disco" and immediately follow it up with "sucks" and think of John Travolta in a white suit. It's dated and old. Same with Guy Fieri. The Human Cheese Fry's show does very well with the 18-35 year old crowd because it's all pub grub. (Though he does seem to have an appeal across all demographics.)

iTouch, you are eternal. You know no age.

As for the demographic, yes, they are going for a younger crowd. Why do you think they're going after such brands as DJ Irie as well as removing the name "disco"? Because people who are under 35 hear "disco" and immediately follow it up with "sucks" and think of John Travolta in a white suit. It's dated and old. Same with Guy Fieri. The Human Cheese Fry's show does very well with the 18-35 year old crowd because it's all pub grub. (Though he does seem to have an appeal across all demographics.)

Umm disco does suck:p Bringing things up to date is a good thing we all hate looking at pics of our big hair days:p:D Although I still see people stuck in time warps......so perhaps those are the ones that will compain:confused:

I'm in the 18-35 age group for a few more years.. but I agree this is a sad annoucement! Great for Maroon 5 fans I guess but really has nothing to do with the general population. I was hoping for new about a real change not a 1 day event.

Oh and I do know who Maroon 5 are saw them years ago opening for Sugar Ray. They knocked my socks off. I had a real hard time finding there music when we left the concert. But then the next few years they turned into crap in my opinion. They had a new sound back in the day now they are cookie cutter like every other pretty boy crap!

I'm in the 18-35 age group for a few more years.. but I agree this is a sad annoucement! Great for Maroon 5 fans I guess but really has nothing to do with the general population. I was hoping for new about a real change not a 1 day event.

Oh and I do know who Maroon 5 are saw them years ago opening for Sugar Ray. They knocked my socks off. I had a real hard time finding there music when we left the concert. But then the next few years they turned into crap in my opinion. They had a new sound back in the day now they are cookie cutter like every other pretty boy crap!

i suppose it better than having the hanson brothers.

If I somehow manage to get a ticket or two I am sooo driving there. I've seen them 4 times, most recently in Dallas a couple weekends ago. If it matters, I am 28. My kids love them too and are mad I didn't take them with me. :/

I'm pretty sure my 16 year old daughter would disown me if I manage to get tickets and she couldn't go with me. lol

There is no statement more true that this.

two days before they opened arthur ashe stadium in flushing (1997?), they had a preview event, which i went to with my wife and mother. hanson was gonna play (who?), as well as the tennis players, hosted by bill cosby.

and when hanson came out, i thought the beatles had shown up accidentally. the sound was deafening, shea stadium like!

and when i saw these 3 children, i was like, who?

this thread makes me feel the same way.

Don't understand all the comments about Maroon 5 being a teenybopper band. They have been around since their smash hit album in 2003, Songs About Jane. This is no flash-in-the-pan or one-hit wonder. They have so many hit songs over the years and have demonstrated staying power..... unlike newer artists such as Justin Beiber, Katy Perry, etc. And their sound is definintely more adult contemporary rather than bubblegum. They have experience a huge resurgence in popularity recently (which has admittedly exposed them to a younger audience) with hits such as Misery and the current chart-topper Moves Like Jagger. As far as I know, Carnival has never done something of this caliber to launch a new ship....at least as long as I have been sailing them. Therefore, I'm perplexed by all of the dismissive attitudes on this thread. I have already won tickets to the event and I will be there on 11/13 Movin' Like Jagger! Yay for Carnival...hoping they do stuff like this more often!

Don't understand all the comments about Maroon 5 being a teenybopper band. They have been around since their smash hit album in 2003, Songs About Jane. This is no flash-in-the-pan or one-hit wonder. They have so many hit songs over the years and have demonstrated staying power..... unlike newer artists such as Justin Beiber, Katy Perry, etc. And their sound is definintely more adult contemporary rather than bubblegum. They have experience a huge resurgence in popularity recently (which has admittedly exposed them to a younger audience) with hits such as Misery and the current chart-topper Moves Like Jagger. As far as I know, Carnival has never done something of this caliber to launch a new ship....at least as long as I have been sailing them. Therefore, I'm perplexed by all of the dismissive attitudes on this thread. I have already won tickets to the event and I will be there on 11/13 Movin' Like Jagger! Yay for Carnival...hoping they do stuff like this more often!

How did you win tickets? I really want to go and Move Like Jagger too! :p

two days before they opened arthur ashe stadium in flushing (1997?), they had a preview event, which i went to with my wife and mother. hanson was gonna play (who?), as well as the tennis players, hosted by bill cosby.

and when hanson came out, i thought the beatles had shown up accidentally. the sound was deafening, shea stadium like!

and when i saw these 3 children, i was like, who?

this thread makes me feel the same way.

Yep. Except imagine my shock at discovering one must be a 30-50 year old woman to know, understand and appreciate Maroon 5. Of course, I am 48 and have no idea who they are, but as I said previously, would rather have a root canal than listen to top 40 or "adult contemporary" music. Good God.

Also from JH on FB:

Following the concert, Carnival will host several thousand travel agent partners on board Carnival Magic for an evening of dining and entertainment. On November 14, the ship will launch its Caribbean cruise program which will feature two different week-long itineraries from Galveston, including seven-day western Caribbean voyages to Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel, and week-long eastern Caribbean cruises to Nassau, Freeport, and Key West.

Long Beach & West Coast left out in cold again:p:mad::mad::(

I'm pretty sure music genre preference or enjoyment isn't predicated on the year on your birth certificate. Good God.

Good for Carnival making their line more attractive to the non-geriatric crowd.

Oh I could care less....I was just corrected in this thread when I inferred that Maroon 5 was a teeny-bopper band, that in fact, they are a 30-50 year old woman as groupies band. I don't listen to the garbage on top 40 or adult contemporary so I had no idea who Maroon 5 was.

I'm pretty sure music genre preference or enjoyment isn't predicated on the year on your birth certificate. Good God.

Good for Carnival making their line more attractive to the non-geriatric crowd.

LOL! Some would think:rolleyes: I agree!

Archived