Elation OLD Zenith TV

Gulf Breezer

We were on the Elation out of Mobile from Oct. 3-8. The cruise was fantastic. However, the TV in our cabin (U229) was OLD. It was almost black and white with a little green thrown in for good measure. Although we don't cruise to watch TV, it is nice to kick back at night and watch TV while falling asleep. There were hardly any channels as compared to previous cruises on larger ships. Oh well, I'm already looking to book again. Gotta love Carnival!!!

I was on the Elation at the end of September, and it had a newer flat panel TV; nice except for the sound being horrible. It is hard to explain, but it was almost dull sounding for everything, and had to be turned up a good bit to hear anything.

We were on the Elation out of Mobile from Oct. 3-8. The cruise was fantastic. However, the TV in our cabin (U229) was OLD. It was almost black and white with a little green thrown in for good measure. Although we don't cruise to watch TV, it is nice to kick back at night and watch TV while falling asleep. There were hardly any channels as compared to previous cruises on larger ships. Oh well, I'm already looking to book again. Gotta love Carnival!!!

That's funny...

My guess is they replace them in Drydock in a couple weeks? We were on the same sailing as you and the color on ours was fine....but I agree, once we got towards Mexico there weren't many channels, although there was a channel guide on one channel that made it look like there were about 30 channels of programming. Most of the channels were "Carnival" channels with ship programming (one was Audio Fun Times, one was Video of events, one was a ship tour, one always had a tropical sunset, one had the bow view, one had the Lido deck view, one had the GPS/Coordinates/Wind Speed/Sea Depth and was off about half the time...and a few more). I think there was CNN as I recall, a couple of movie channels and Discovery...that's about it as I remember.

The audio was very unbalanced on the Carnival channels...on some you'd have to turn it all the way up to barely hear it...and on others you'd have to turn it wayyyyy down to keep from getting blown away.

We mostly had it on for background noise when getting ready for dinner, etc. I liked watching the GPS channel and seeing we were in over 10,000 feet of water more than anything LOL.

I was on theElation in Sept. and the TV was horrible! Very old and picture was blurred. I spoke with several fellow passengers and all said the same. I was told that they would be replaced with flat screens in dry dock.

Just the other day we were talking about all the questions about "what kind of tv does the room have" etc. We couldn't imagine why it would matter if it was an old tv or a new tv, but now I see that they must not change them until they don't work AT ALL...they must not care if the colour is off. I finally get it! thanks

mick

When Valor went into drydock earlier this year it was supposed to get new flat screen TVs. Apparently, though, only some of the rooms were upgraded, as ours was still the old model.

Oh well, I don't really cruise to watch tv...

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! How cool - you must have paid extra to cruise in a room furnished all in antiques! :p

• 1 month later...

I am normally out of the room by 6 AM and maybe pop back once in the afternoon. The next time I am back is for the evening 8 or 9 PM ( homework and bedtime for a 7 year old).

I do try to watch a bit with her before bedtime, having a TV-less house makes a TV on vacation all the more special! It's one of the vacation treats my daughter looks forward too.

Now Sports in the Sports Bar...that's my treat

We were in V21. Had a flat panel TV. The remote did not work all the time and very few channels outside of "Carnival".

I do not cruise for the TV. It was asked, I answered.

I can say this, I was glad the Saints had a bye week. DH would not of been a happy cruiser.:eek:

Archived