Platinum Discounts

Yes, as a Platinum member you get a $100 per cabin discount on balcony cabins or better. I usually book directly with RCI, so I just give them my Platinum member number and they take the $100 off right when I make the booking. If you use a travel agent, they should be able to get you the same discount by giving your C&A Platinum member number. I have never had any problems getting the discount. This is also on top of any coupons you may get in your C&A Magazine.

We used the platinum discount for our upcoming Navigator cruise. I like that RCCL allows using more than one type of discount on the same sailing - ie: onboard future cruise booking, Crown & Anchor Magazine coupon, AND platinum... really makes for a nice savings.

For my upcoming cruise on the Radiance, I used the $150 coupon from C&A mag. plus the $100 Platinum level balcony discount. Then found out that there was a Senior Citizen discount offered and my TA got that for me also. That was another $540. I neglected to mention to my online TA that we were SR's although I really think they should have asked.

No real biggie, but next time I will make sure to give that info up front.

We just got out letter informing us that we are now Platinum. Does anyone know if they will automatically apply the discounts to our current reservation or do we need to contact our TA about this? Also we had just sent in our C&A coupon for the reservation, do platinum C&A coupons have different values?

We have a JS on Empress next March so plenty of time here but want to make sure we take advantage of all the benefits we can get.

We just got out letter informing us that we are now Platinum. Does anyone know if they will automatically apply the discounts to our current reservation or do we need to contact our TA about this?

Yes, you must have your TA contact RCCL and have them apply your Platinum discount to your current reservation.

Also we had just sent in our C&A coupon for the reservation, do platinum C&A coupons have different values?

Yes, Platinum coupons have higher values.

We used a company called Milepoint.com and used 1,000 Continental Miles and got between $400 - $600 off per cabin. Not bad for only 1,000 miles. We booked 8 cabins this way on AOS on August 14, 2005, saving a total of over $3,000. Much more then you could save on a flight for a total of 8,000 miles.

I found it through Continental's website. If anyone wants more infor, let me know.

Critter

Go to http://www.continental.com/onepass/rewards/other/milepoint.asp

his is the link on Continental's website. You can then click the link and go to Milepoint. YOU get an option to check the price of a cruise using either 500 or 1,000 miles. If the pricing seems better you sign up and get a certificate which you either then can use on-line or by calling them. We got 2 cabins on Adventure of the Seas for $1854 each. RCCL wanted $2300 for same exact cabin.

If you have other questions email me at tdembek@optonline.net

-Dem920

Archived