Best Kid Friendly Beach in Nassau Bahamas

lisa928

We are in Nassau Bahamas for a dull day (8-6) and would love to just hit a beach. We will be traveling with another family and have kids of the age 3, 3, 6 and 8. I read about day passes to hotels but I would rather not sit by a pool but rather the beach. The beach needs to be mostly calm though (not in the Atlantic) as I cannot have waves knocking down the kids. I was reading the Bahamas board but would really like the perspective of family’s hence the reason I am posting here. It seems that some public beaches do not have amenities and I do need the basic ones. Others talk about the peddlers trying to sell weed, which I could fend off before the kids, but would rather not deal with it now that we have kids.

Any suggestions?

There are several public beaches....go online and check out Nassau's website. Drug peddlers shouldn't be a problem in the Bahamas!!!

I did but found that everyone is listed with all of the positives but when I read the Bahamas board there are lots of negatives (glass on beach) so I guess I am trying to find out which to believe.

Day passes at the hotels will provide you with a beautiful, safe beach. We've done the Sheraton and the Hilton, and preferred the Sheraton, although the Hilton is fine. The pool at the Sheraton is pretty neat (you can google it), and you can use the pool at the hotel next door with the slide.

Day passes at the hotels will provide you with a beautiful, safe beach. We've done the Sheraton and the Hilton, and preferred the Sheraton, although the Hilton is fine. The pool at the Sheraton is pretty neat (you can google it), and you can use the pool at the hotel next door with the slide.

I just called the Sheraton and they said they do not do it. :(

We did the dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon Island in January and there was a small beach that some people went to with their little ones, without seeing any of the animals. There were some water toys, but also a sheltered beach area where the waves were non-existant and the beach had clean, white sand. Some people complained that the water was cold, but I think that's all relative.

There was a 30 minute boat ride from the port to the island, which our boys loved, but some kids found a bit long.

I just called the Sheraton and they said they do not do it. :(

I will be in Nassau next month and have gone to the Sheraton in 2009 and wanted to do it again. I Just got off the phone with the hotel speaking with Roberta who assured me that for $25 dollars we CAN use thier facility! Hope that helps!

I would to a day pass on the hotel strip beaches. Very hard to find a public beach in Nassau - at least it was in 2004 for my honeymoon. The one we saw was really run down and pretty awful. We stayed at the Hilton downtown. Beach was nice and right were port is. Easy to walk downtown, they have a bar/resturant. I did not find the water to be disgusting as other people probably say, we swam in it every day.

Have fun!

Archived