Just getting ready to leave and???

ddcile5

Even all the micro planning and things still can go arye!:eek: I just texted everyone in our group to make sure all had their passports and drivers license and low and behold my husband yells ( scared me to death) that his drivers license is expired!!:eek: He had a birthday this past week and he is now 52!!

So a quick call to license bureau and off he went. Thank God they will be open!! Planning on leaving between 9 am & 10 am so it will be close but thank goodness he noticed it!!:D

So word to the wise... check your licenses!!:)

I don't know why you were worried about hubby having a driver's license unless you are renting a car somewhere?

Your passport is all you need+ maybe a copy of it.

I never drag my driver's license on a trip but good he got it updated for when you get home.

I don't know why you were worried about hubby having a driver's license unless you are renting a car somewhere?

Your passport is all you need+ maybe a copy of it.

I never drag my driver's license on a trip but good he got it updated for when you get home.

I bring both. Why? Because I have to drive to the airport. The State of Colorado does not allow me to operate a motor vehicle without an active DL - they could care less about the passport. Then I park the car and go into the airport. Not going to leave my DL in the car for a week. I also do not take my passport into every port (ie - St. Thomas, San Juan) and it has been my experience at those ports, they still require a photo ID to re-enter the port and the DL is so much easier for that.

Were driving to our port about 8 hrs!! ......and visiting sister at military base so it is important to have it but I understand passports are necessary too!!

Just really was upsetting and here in Ohio there is a 20.00 late fee for truck plates ...so we will have to deal with that when we get home.:(

Not to worry now ........ were on vacation!!

Even all the micro planning and things still can go arye!:eek: I just texted everyone in our group to make sure all had their passports and drivers license and low and behold my husband yells ( scared me to death) that his drivers license is expired!!:eek: He had a birthday this past week and he is now 52!!

So a quick call to license bureau and off he went. Thank God they will be open!! Planning on leaving between 9 am & 10 am so it will be close but thank goodness he noticed it!!:D

So word to the wise... check your licenses!!:)

Oh my goodness... heart attack city!!! Thank goodness the license bureau will be open. Happy sailing!!!

Archived