A Cove Balcony Warning

Happy0810

This may have been posted before, but I did a search and didn't see anything. We had a cove balcony this year, and I loved everything about it except..... ;)

DSCF1676.jpg and DSCF1607.jpg

I plead the Fifth on what may or may not apply to me :D but just in case you're interested in becoming a member of the balcony club, renewing your membership, having a little make-out session, whatever it may be....beware that some of the cove balconies have a camera in between the life boats above. Not all do but there are about 6 cameras on each side of the ship. We were in room 2376.

That's too funny! We had no idea there were camera's until Butch on the Dream mentioned it one night. He told everyone to be careful what they do on their balconies because they are all watching through the camera's!!! LOL

Nice to actually see what it looks like! :)

I guess you could say that it is free "adult" entertainment for the security staff monitoring the cameras....

I am happy to say I book balconies above Deck 6.....

This really doesn't matter. Carnival can see onto ever balcony on the ship. They have the cameras on the coves because they are blocked by the liefboats. They have other methods of seeing other balconies.

What would be the purpose of those cameras?

To watch out for pirates ready to take over the cove balconies, to make sure no one fishes from their balcony, late night entertainment, to make sure people don't make good on their threat to throw someone overboard, or just to be plain nosy. :D

to prevent balcony fires like what happen to a princess ship years ago

That camera looks somewhat out of place i think, and appears it can be damage very easy with wind/waves

Actually I saw those cameras pulled up on a couple of occasions, and on others they had a blue vinyl covering on them (likely to keep them clean).

Since the coves sit back so deep there would only be a couple at the very front or very rear that they could see into with those cameras. I only recall seeing one at the bow and one at the stern. Once we sat back we couldn't see those cameras at all from 2392.

I think they are intended to aid in navigation as they enter port. The bridge has wings and extends over the sides but I don't think it extends over the lifeboats too. These cameras probably provide a better line of site as they enter port and get close to the pier.

There is no conceivable way that you could mess with the lifeboats from a cove balcony. They would be too far above the balcony to be able to reach.

Since the coves sit back so deep there would only be a couple at the very front or very rear that they could see into with those cameras. I only recall seeing one at the bow and one at the stern. Once we sat back we couldn't see those cameras at all from 2392.

If we sat in the left back corner of the balcony, you couldn't see them. But if we sat anywhere in the front, middle or right side of the balcony, you could. Anytime we were on our balcony (which was quite a bit), that one was always down and uncovered. Oh, and we could see the cameras if we were inside our room standing at or near the balcony door.

It does make sense, though, that they are used in navigation into and out of ports.

This really doesn't matter. Carnival can see onto ever balcony on the ship. They have the cameras on the coves because they are blocked by the liefboats. They have other methods of seeing other balconies.

And what might those methods be? Especially for an aft balcony how can they monitor those?

Archived