ES to Military booking change allowed?

abitaturbodog

We are booked ES rate. I just noticed that the military rate is less for our upcoming cruise. Will Carnival let us change our booking from ES to Military to get the better rate?

Thanks in advance!

I have booked ES but am eligible for military rate. We just submit the early saver claim form and receive either an onboard credit or a reduction of price depending on if final payment has been paid.

You will need to send in proof of eligibility.

Saved $90 on last cruise because booked early saver and matched to military.

How did you find the military rate?

Am booked on Carnival, ES, for two cruises over the next few months... if...an that's an if- a military rate came up that beat the ES...I'd get the lower rate.

But how did you find it?

There are sites online that show the military rates. Google military rates and you should be able to find them.

I once booked a Carnival cruise through Travelocity since they were offering onboard credit if booked with a MC. I then called carnival after booking and asked for a military rate. They just asked for my Travelocity booking number and changed me to military rate. I used the savings to upgrade at the same time. Very helpful and all went easy. You'll have to provide proof but you can email it. Hope this helps, enjoy your cruise!

I wish just one of our cruises was cheaper using the military rate.

On our upcoming cruise, the military interior rate is more than we paid for our ocean view cabin.

I am willing to bet it is also more than the standard rate too.

I wish just one of our cruises was cheaper using the military rate.

On our upcoming cruise, the military interior rate is more than we paid for our ocean view cabin.

I am willing to bet it is also more than the standard rate too.

Any chance that your Nov cruise is over Thanksgiving? If so, maybe that's why they haven't gone down on the rates.

I just called CCL after reading here about military rate. Our catagory 4B cabin is $1208 for the two of us. The current military rate for our May 1 sailing on the Spirit is $1700 something, so for now the ES rate is better for us. I do appreciate getting the heads up reminder to check the military rate from time to time. Between now and May it just may become the better deal for us.

I just called CCL after reading here about military rate. Our catagory 4B cabin is $1208 for the two of us. The current military rate for our May 1 sailing on the Spirit is $1700 something, so for now the ES rate is better for us. I do appreciate getting the heads up reminder to check the military rate from time to time. Between now and May it just may become the better deal for us.

When we booked back in April the military rate was higher than the ES. Now that we're two months out the military rate has dropped. Hopefully the same thing will happen for your sailing as well.:)

Any chance that your Nov cruise is over Thanksgiving? If so, maybe that's why they haven't gone down on the rates.

Nope, we avoid holiday sailings like the plague.

I have yet to find a price reduction on any of our previous cruises. I gheck the prices every day, but they either remain the same or they go up.

Not that I mind, cruising is still the least expensive vacation going, but it would be nice to have the price drop.

Archived