So here's a question a few of you will chuckle at but, i gotta know!!!

seguetocaribe

Reserve the steak house for the first night onboard..Never going to be a formal night AND u get free wine with dinner;)

I've heard about that! (and would love to do it) but our children will be with us and we would like to do the steak house one night while they stay at the kids club...not really workable for the first night :(

If you want to make a reservation at the Steak House ahead of time, how do you make sure that you don't reserve for the same night as 'lobster night' in the MDR??

IMO that is the night to book the steak house. The lobster is real not very good.

Lobster night is the first night "at sea". Usually on the second night on the ship for 7 day cruise.

Thanks for the info, Marshhawk. I've looked all over trying to find out which night is formal night. Its been several years since we cruised. Will the first night at sea be formal night on a 5 night cruise as well? I recently figured out that OP probably means Original Poster on a thread, not Other Poster like I thought. Guess I thought people wrote OP rather than name names. Learn something new everyday.

Thanks for the info, Marshhawk. I've looked all over trying to find out which night is formal night. Its been several years since we cruised. Will the first night at sea be formal night on a 5 night cruise as well? I recently figured out that OP probably means Original Poster on a thread, not Other Poster like I thought. Guess I thought people wrote OP rather than name names. Learn something new everyday.

On our five nights it was the same full day at sea night ie second day

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it helps if I stay on the same tread for a while. Yes, on a 5 day the one formal night is your day at sea, usually the day after you embark, and it's the day that you are full from breakfast, lunch, tea, snacks, and then :eek: it's a fancy dinner! THAT'S WHY THE LOBSTERS AREN'T THAT BIG! LOL:D

If you want to make a reservation at the Steak House ahead of time, how do you make sure that you don't reserve for the same night as 'lobster night' in the MDR??

we just make it the day we want to go. never been more than 4 other tables in use, but we are early eaters.

Book a few nights then cancel those you don't want.:)

Contrary to some of the previous postings here,there are NO formal nights anymore. Consult the website for the most up to date and correct info including an elegant night.

Book a few nights then cancel those you don't want.:)

Contrary to some of the previous postings here,there are NO formal nights anymore. Consult the website for the most up to date and correct info including an elegant night.

Where do you get your information? Elegant night is "formal night", different name, more casual dress code....

Therefore you arent helping the OP because there is still a night where they serve Lobster:rolleyes:

Where do you get your information? Elegant night is "formal night", different name, more casual dress code....

Therefore you arent helping the OP because there is still a night where they serve Lobster:rolleyes:

especially on a thread concerned with what's being served. :rolleyes:

Archived