LIVE FROM THE DECKS OF THE MILLIE - 5 night 10/17/11 to 10/22/11 (Tuggers)

tuggers

Looking forward to this cruise even though it is only 5 nights. I have done one other short cruise and that was a 4 night on Royal Caribbean. At least this one is on X and a ship I have sailed before!

I was pleasantly surprised by the active roll call for this sailing. I think we have 74 signed up for the sailaway and there are 40 who will be playing in our Slot Pull. Everyone was asked to bring a lucky 'something' with them so we can win a big jackpot. I think I have them all beat as far as strange lucky pieces go. I have a genuine, fully charged Blue Dot from National Enquirer. Years ago they used to have stories every week about what people had won when they used the power of the Blue Dot! We can't lose with that helping us out! Right? :rolleyes:

My friend Judy and I are leaving about 4 AM tomorrow (Monday). Driving 135 miles to Jax then flying SW to FLL ($59). From there we will be taking a GLS shuttle to the Port of Miami ($13 pp each way). Don't know what time we will be able to board but we should be at the ship by 11 at the latest.

Now its time to start getting packed. Judy is already done. In fact I think she was probably packed by last Monday. You all know how last minute I am. I think I'm doing better than usual because I am already thinking about packing! I didn't get much sleep last night so I really do want to be finished and in bed by 10.

I've got about an hour's worth of errands (gas, library, etc) plus I have a dinner meeting at 5:30. Hopefully, I can drop the dogs off at the kennel, pick up Judy, go to my meeting and get back home by 7:30. Send me some positive energy because I am lagging just thinking about all or it!

Will check in tomorrow with updates on our travel.

Bye For Now!

Looking forward to this cruise even though it is only 5 nights. I have done one other short cruise and that was a 4 night on Royal Caribbean. At least this one is on X and a ship I have sailed before!

I was pleasantly surprised by the active roll call for this sailing. I think we have 74 signed up for the sailaway and there are 40 who will be playing in our Slot Pull. Everyone was asked to bring a lucky 'something' with them so we can win a big jackpot. I think I have them all beat as far as strange lucky pieces go. I have a genuine, fully charged Blue Dot from National Enquirer. Years ago they used to have stories every week about what people had won when they used the power of the Blue Dot! We can't lose with that helping us out! Right? :rolleyes:

My friend Judy and I are leaving about 4 AM tomorrow (Monday). Driving 135 miles to Jax then flying SW to FLL ($59). From there we will be taking a GLS shuttle to the Port of Miami ($13 pp each way). Don't know what time we will be able to board but we should be at the ship by 11 at the latest.

Now its time to start getting packed. Judy is already done. In fact I think she was probably packed by last Monday. You all know how last minute I am. I think I'm doing better than usual because I am already thinking about packing! I didn't get much sleep last night so I really do want to be finished and in bed by 10.

I've got about an hour's worth of errands (gas, library, etc) plus I have a dinner meeting at 5:30. Hopefully, I can drop the dogs off at the kennel, pick up Judy, go to my meeting and get back home by 7:30. Send me some positive energy because I am lagging just thinking about all or it!

Bye For Now!

I'll be sailing "Millie" 2 wks from now. Do you know which night is formal night? Please write a brief report when you come back. I want to know what condition she's in and if the passengers dress up for formal night being it's a short cruise.

Thanks in advance.

Happy Sailing!

Hey everyone...we're in Miami now...weather is nasty...raining and very windy. Be safe getting here. Hope Millie makes it into port ok tomorrow AM!

I work midnight shifts and always watch the ships come in on AIS. Tomorrow you'll have five ships docked at Dodge Island; Majesty of the Seas, Celebrity Millennium, Carnival Destiny, Carnival Imagination, and Norwegian Sky.

Hope you have a sunny sailaway! :)

...fully charged Blue Dot from National Enquirer ... Hey, I have one of those that I've saved for a long, long time. It used to work!

Have a wonderful cruise on the Millie. I look forward to following your "live froms" as always. The Millie is one of my all time favorite ships.:)

Anyone in the Miami/FLL area that can give us a forecast on the weather? I'm hearing tropical storm. We fly out of Jax at 8:20 Monday morning. Has anyone heard if we should be concerned about the flights not getting in?? Any info appreciated.:)

Bye For Now!

Have a great cruise! Please be sure to bring her back by curfew on Friday night...we are taking her out on Saturday. :D

I guess you are just staying up all night if your are logged in right now...

I'm looking out of my window at the Marriott Biscayne Bay right now and Millie is already there. It's still dark, but I can make out the X! Looks like an RCCL ship right next to her. I'm hoping we can sail out of this weather tonight, or around it or something!

I'm looking out of my window at the Marriott Biscayne Bay right now and Millie is already there. It's still dark, but I can make out the X! Looks like an RCCL ship right next to her. I'm hoping we can sail out of this weather tonight, or around it or something!

You'll have five ships total today:

Majesty of the Seas, Celebrity Millennium, Carnival Destiny, Carnival Imagination, and Norwegian Sky.

Have a great time! My DW and I sailed Millie through the Panama Canal a couple of weeks ago. Had an absolute blast.

As soon as you get on board and get your fill of the champagne, head to deck 5 midships to the Cova Coffee place. They have all kinds of coffees, chocolates, wine, cocktails, etc. By the time you get there, a gentleman named Tomislav should be bartending. He is from the Ukraine and has an absolutely wicked sense of humor. What a great time. All the staff of the Cova Coffee are great and have wonderful customer service skills. Tell Tomislav Ed said "Thank you. Thank you." It's an inside joke, and he'll explain.

Have fun!:D

Hey Gail! Having heard absolutely nothing from you since you left GA, and knowing how bad the weather in both the Gulf and the Atlantic has been, Right now I'm pretty sure you're thanking your lucky stars this cruise is only 5 nights. :(

I hope to hear from you soon and to hear you and Judy managed to have a wonderful time in spite of this lousy weather.

The rain has finally stopped in South Florida and tomorrow is supposed to be cooler and much dryer. So at least you'll have dry land when you get back in port.

Hope to see you soon! Try to keep in touch!:)

Diana

Dear Friends,

I have been writing "Live from the decks of on Cruise Critic since 2006. Rarely (if ever) have I had a thread 'hijacked' (well once) but it was not to this extint.

I enjoy doing this and I believe that others on these boards appreciate the way I write them. Its a format that is always the same. Something you can count on. However there must be those who think it is getting stale.

I am going to make you all an offer: I will ask Host Walt or Host Anne to delete this entire thread and I will not be doing this again. I put a lot of thought and work into these postings. Maybe it doesn't always seem that way, but I do. To see it run over is more than I can handle.

If I don't 'talk' to you all again, its been a good run!

Tuggers

Archived