2013 - will cruise Hawaii still be offered?

eskiemomo

just wondering what your thoughts/rumors from your TAs are about Hawaii cruises from DCL.

We are very interested in the Hawaii cruise, but since the 2013 schedules aren't released yet not sure what to do... I really should have booked the Oct 2012 while on board the Magic last month :( 10% of THAT cruise is a chunk of change.

I'm wondering if DCL will offer the same/more Hawaii cruises in 2013? I see in 2012 the dates are April and October only, does anyone know why that is? Would that always be the case due to logistics (for example the Pacific coast repositioning cruises always happen at the start and end of Alaska season, year after year)?

They're repositioning cruises. Other cruiselines do it as well around those times. It's too late for them to be in Alaska and too early for them to be doing MR.

I doubt you will see them at other times, unless DCL decides to do several of those instead of MR. I would be on one if they did. :D

Disney likes to package thier products, and Hawaii would be a natural tie-in to the DVC product there. If these cruises continue to be popular, I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually DCL goes the route of some other lines and flags a ship US so they can run cruises year round based out of Hawaii that nevre leave the islands.

Disney likes to package thier products, and Hawaii would be a natural tie-in to the DVC product there. If these cruises continue to be popular, I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually DCL goes the route of some other lines and flags a ship US so they can run cruises year round based out of Hawaii that nevre leave the islands.

I know just the Vessel to do it with, However shes needs a total rebiuld.......inside and out. She has the history and the classic lines.......the S/S United States.......google her!

I doubt it would happen, but it would be nice!:D

AKK

I know just the Vessel to do it with' date=' However shes needs a total rebiuld.......inside and out. She has the history and the classic lines.......the S/S United States.......google her!

I doubt it would happen, but it would be nice!:D

AKK[/quote']

That would be sweet. See the Hawaiiian Islands at 32 knots!

Archived