New Latitudes Program to Launch

avalanche2

I just read the brochure for the "new" latitdues program. When I checked the NCL website, they still have the old program and rewards listed. I Goggled for a new one and found this: http://www.norwegiancruises.com/download/Latitudes_Benefits_090806.pdf

There is no date on it, but I'm hoping it's a mistake or maybe an old one. There is no mention of a new way to record cruises by days cruised or cabin level. And the one negative change I did see, is they no longer offer free or discounted laundry service for gold and platinum.:( The positive was they will now provide ship pins again. Can a more computer savvy person, check to see if it really is the new plan? Please??

I just read the brochure for the "new" latitdues program. When I checked the NCL website, they still have the old program and rewards listed. I Goggled for a new one and found this: http://www.norwegiancruises.com/download/Latitudes_Benefits_090806.pdf

There is no date on it, but I'm hoping it's a mistake or maybe an old one. There is no mention of a new way to record cruises by days cruised or cabin level. And the one negative change I did see, is they no longer offer free or discounted laundry service for gold and platinum.:( The positive was they will now provide ship pins again. Can a more computer savvy person, check to see if it really is the new plan? Please??

I believe this is an old brochure. Copyright date is 2006.

I doubt NCL would announce anything this week. They've only got their Black Friday cruise specials on the agenda from what I've seen so far. Guess we'll have to wait and see... :cool:

The lat. rep on the pearl told everyone is was going to be announced on Nov. 20th

I would have thought that the first clue that the information was old would have been the www.NorwegianCruises.com web address instead of www.NCL.com

lol, not to mention Marco Polo!:eek:;):D

Would really love to know if the OP info is correct about a new program launch Oct. 20.

Also someone mentioned Black Friday cruise special by NCL? Not to change the topic of this thread but can someone point me to those specials? Thanks!

Also someone mentioned Black Friday cruise special by NCL? Not to change the topic of this thread but can someone point me to those specials? Thanks!

That information was released by the NCL Sales Team in Miami corporate. Not sure how the information was disseminated out to the masses. :cool: There is a Black Friday sale but maybe the general public has to wait until Friday for it to be announced. Check NCL.com on Fri. :)

So it is Nov 21st, nothing?

My thoughts exactly: even the TAs know nothing. I am always a little suspecious when someone says someone from a ship mentioned it. Often we hear things from employees that are not even correct. I remember being on the Star and being told by a management person, at our M&G the Epic was not going to happen. Within 2 or 3 months they started building her.

NIta

Call and get it straightened out. :)

If the cruise was booked as one cruise, it will be considered one. In order to get credit for two cruises, it would have needed to be booked as separate cruises. I believe earlier in this thread, the poster stated that it was booked as one cruise so they will receive one credit. Nothing to call and get straightened out.

I prefer the Holland America reward program. You get one credit for each day sailed and two credits per day if you are in a suite. You also get one credit for each $300 you spend onboard.

This way it rewards those who spend more money to be in a suite and it also rewards those that choose to spend more of that money on onboard expenses instead.

We cruised once with them on a 7 day in a suite and ended up with a total of 18 credits...only 12 away from their second tier in just one cruise.

That said, we still choose NCL regardless of loyalty programs cause we simply enjoy it more:rolleyes:

So what happens to those that don't have money for a suite and yet only cruise on Norwegian ?

For the record, a low end balcony military rate for the 17 day Panama Canal (departing 4/28/12) is/was $128.95 pppd, the following Pacific Coastal $85.28 pppd and the following Vancouver to Seattle $289.89 pppd. This is excluding taxes, fees, gratuities, etc.

If the cruise was booked as one cruise, it will be considered one. In order to get credit for two cruises, it would have needed to be booked as separate cruises. I believe earlier in this thread, the poster stated that it was booked as one cruise so they will receive one credit. Nothing to call and get straightened out.

Last fall and again this year, when we were on a B2B, the cruise consultant told everyone, several times, to see him/her and they would be sure you were given credit for two cruises even if you booked it as one. Personally, I would contact Latitudes and see if they can get it straightened out. They have access to all your cruise records.

Last fall and again this year, when we were on a B2B, the cruise consultant told everyone, several times, to see him/her and they would be sure you were given credit for two cruises even if you booked it as one. Personally, I would contact Latitudes and see if they can get it straightened out. They have access to all your cruise records.

You are correct .. They should call the Latitudes dept. , they are very easy to work with .

( 2 cruises);)

Evidently on November 20th NCL will launch a long awaited new Latitudes program. Does anyone have any ideas what it may be. The company is being very tight secretive about it

I shall hope it will give double points for suites and add a new level above platnium

Maybe too secretive about it ! Called the latitudes dept and no one knows anything about it . :mad::eek:

So what happens to those that don't have money for a suite and yet only cruise on Norwegian ?

For the record, a low end balcony military rate for the 17 day Panama Canal (departing 4/28/12) is/was $128.95 pppd, the following Pacific Coastal $85.28 pppd and the following Vancouver to Seattle $289.89 pppd. This is excluding taxes, fees, gratuities, etc.

There will always be those who think the system should be different, afterall we all want the most we can get, but I happen to understand what you are saying: I feel the number one thing has to be, how many times one sails a particular line.

NIta

Archived