Nachi Cocum worth it for non alcohol drinkers?

Aelsantokie

My husband and I are not heavy drinkers AT ALL. He can't drink more than a bottle of beer a day due to his health reason and I don't like being drunk. I was researching for next summer rates and adults are $55/pp.

We will also have 5 kids who will pay $17 each and a baby who is free.

Would you say it will be worth it for a family of 8 to go there for the price especially we will be drinking coke/diet coke, water?

Any opinions are appreciated! thank you!!

Nachi Cocum is a beautiful beach, with a great pool and great food. My wife and I don't drink much either but we go there for the grounds and relaxation. The best part is they only allow 100 folks at the facility. There are no "toys" in the water for kids to jump on but plenty of space and piece and quiet. The other places can get quite crowded depending on how many ships are in port. You really can't lose at either location.....

we love, love, love nachi cocum!!! we go every time we are in cozumel. my gf dosn't drink but i do. i find that we usually drink bottles water, she has soda and i'll have maybe 2 drinks. the food is very good and large portions. i know they only take 100 people per day minimum but everytime we have been there, there have been maybe 20 people there at the most. it is a quiet beach and last time we did parasailing, which was wonderful. i'm not sure if the kids would like it considering that it doesnt have a playground or really anything for kids unless you rent things. try going on the ports section of cruise critic and go to the cozumel site, maybe someone with kids has gone before and they can help you more. whatever you decide to do in cozumel, have a great time, it's my favorite port to date, and i think it has alot to do with nachi cocum :)

I'm not a party girl, but I do like to indulge in some "fru fru" drinks on vacation. :) Nachi was not at all a "party stop" the day I was there, although I think some people get that impression since drinks are included.

The food is wonderful, the service is top notch, and the beach is super (compared to another I've been to nearby)! Your kids would enjoy the meal and drinks, the pool, and the beach, but they won't have some of the water toys available at other places.

Whether or not it is "worth it" would be up to you. ;)

I like that Nachi is all inclusive and I can splurge on a foo foo drink....I did not realize that that made me a 'heavy drinker', LOL! I completely understand what the OP is saying. I actually haven't been to Nachi yet but will be there in just over a month. DH and I decided to book it because we've heard it's quiet and with good food - the included drinks are a bonus!

We drank our share there and we aren't "party people" either....but since it was included in our price and since drinks on the ship are so expensive it was our day to have a little fun.

With that said, I did see several families there, some we even met and talked to.

However, with as many kids as you have I'd agree that you might want to consider one of the other options. As beautiful as Nachi is, unless your kids are strictly interested in playing in the Gulf of Mexico or the pool, there isn't much else there for them.

All in all, it's a great place to just go "chill out".

I don't drink alcohol AT ALL, and my DH only drinks a little. But we have enjoyed a day at Nachi Cocom 4 times in the past 18 months. However, I would not recommend Nachi for a family with children. There isn't much for them to do, other than play in the swimming pool...which is usually occupied by heavy drinkers due to the swim up bar. The beach is great, but when you walk out into the water, it drops off a short way out, to water that is probably too deep for kids. I would suggest a day at Chankanaab, which is very "kid friendly", with plenty of things to do.

Last month there were several kids snorkeling, swimming in the pool and playing on the water trampoline. They seemed to be having a good time.

In addition to coke/water, non-drinkers can request virgin "fru-fru" drinks.

Frankly, heavy drinkers or not, I think Nachi is the best deal in Cozumel for a great day at the beach:)

Went to Nachi in March of this year with our 2 daughters ages 9 and 11. We had a great day. No, not all the toys etc. the other places have but it was very relaxing and uncrowded which is an awesome escape from a cruise ship experience. We brought blow up tubes and layed on them in the ocean for awhile the kids hung out in the pool quite a bit and had a good time. We have gone to Paradise Beach several times and the kids loved that too. All the beach toys, playground, etc, but Paradise Beach can get VERY BUSY, depending on the amount of cruise ships in port. I felt I could relax and keep an eye on my kids without being on top of them at all times. Whereas at Paradise you will need to constantly stay with them to keep an eye on them. Both places are great, it just depends on what your kids will be comfortable with.

I'm not a party girl, but I do like to indulge in some "fru fru" drinks on vacation. :) Nachi was not at all a "party stop" the day I was there, although I think some people get that impression since drinks are included.

It really depends on the 100 that are there. :p

First trip it was very calm, second time there was a group of 40+ from NYC..it was a great party...:D Most had to be poured into taxis.

My husband and I are not heavy drinkers AT ALL. He can't drink more than a bottle of beer a day due to his health reason and I don't like being drunk. I was researching for next summer rates and adults are $55/pp.

We will also have 5 kids who will pay $17 each and a baby who is free.

Would you say it will be worth it for a family of 8 to go there for the price especially we will be drinking coke/diet coke, water?

Any opinions are appreciated! thank you!!

if you wanted peace and quiet then sure it would be ok...god food...free soda..........., but with all those kids I think Paradise beach would be a better option as there is much more for kids there.ie. water toys. Also you don't have to do the AI...........just go with ala cart

It really depends on the 100 that are there.

True, which is why I said "Nachi was not at all a "party stop" the day I was there..."

I can't say what's like other days, but I know I went with preconceived ideas about the partying. I was pleasantly surprised by how laid back and quiet it was. :)

We went a couple of years ago when my dds were 3 & 5. They loved it. They swam in the pool in the ocean and played in the sand. Maybe because they were younger it was okay, but we are going again next year at Spring Break. There will be 8 ships in port the same day as we are and I just could not see going to Paradise Beach. I'm hoping the kids won't be bored, but we shall see.

I am also not a drinker, but I had my share of "virgin" pina coladas and my oldest dd had quite a few "virgin" strawberry whatevers. And for my kids that was a great part of the trip. Never buy them that kind of drinks because its too expensive.

True, which is why I said "Nachi was not at all a "party stop" the day I was there..."

I can't say what's like other days, but I know I went with preconceived ideas about the partying. I was pleasantly surprised by how laid back and quiet it was. :)

Same here. I wondered if it would just be insanely crazy....it wasn't. It was a very chilled out, laid back place. There were quite a few people there with families.

It's totally worth the price, even if you're not a heavy drinker. I dont drink much either. I took my 14 year old son and 15 year old nephew. It is a family atmosphere. Not crowded at all. Waiters are very attentive. Constantly asking if you need anything else. August was my first time there. Cant wait to go back.

I might think it was worth it with that many kids. It is kind of a toss up. Even when there are "party" scenes going on, you can have plenty of space to be with your kids without being on top of other people.

The $$ you pay includes all they can handle non-alcoholic drinks, the swimming pool, and a lunch for each of you. My kids were much older than yours are, and were content to play in the waves and lounge around drinking virgin drinks, soda, juice and eating lunch.

If you are trying to keep the budget down, you will do better at another beach where you can limit the kid's drink intake and have them share meals. Those beaches will likely have more kid's type activities in the water.

The beach at Nachi does drop to about 4 feet fairly suddenly, so it isn't a great place to have small children playing in the surf while you sit several yards away. Slightly bigger children that can swim would probably be okay, but for younger or smaller children you want to stay right there with them when they are in the water.

Archived