Nachi Cocum worth it for non alcohol drinkers?

Aelsantokie

We were there last year with our two granddaughters ages 4 and 6. The 6 year old snorkled all day and the 4 year old played in the sand. I don't drink alcohol at all but I got my money's worth of diet cokes. The food was great and the pool and beach wonderful. We found the excursion reasonable because of the kid's price. When we averaged it out with kids and adults, it was more reasonable than other places.

Do you tip the waiters for each drink or at the end of the day?

I know my 10 year old won't be board with being allowed any virgin drink she wants all day long :)

At Paradise Beach we just keep a tab going and pay them at the end of the day when we are ready to leave.

Thanks to all.

After reading all recommendations I have decided on this.

My kids didn't really care for the water toys at Paradise Beach. Even after paying for the kids to use the toys they quickly lost interest. They don't make friends with any other kids at the beach, and the pool doesn't interest them as we have a pool in our backyard. They hardly drink when at the beach, I have to force liquid down their throats to make sure they don't get dehydrated, same goes for food.

The only thing that does bother us as a family is really super crowded beach area (they like playing in the sand near the water). So, if the day we are in port there is a lot of ships and the public beaches will be packed, we will book the Nachi Cocum. We should try it at least once right??:)

I don't think you'll regret your decision. We've been there once, and will be back 3 weeks from today!!! Neither my wife or I drink, but she definitely hurt a bunch of virgin drinks! Great time, and we couldn't imagine going to Cozumel without going to Nachi.

I will be there alone with my 10 yo. What would be a standard tip for the two of us?

thanks

15% of your admission for two would be about $12-15. I tipped the waiter $25 and another $5 or so to the bar tenders for 4 of us last spring. Good luck! :)

It really depends on the 100 that are there. :p

First trip it was very calm, second time there was a group of 40+ from NYC..it was a great party...:D Most had to be poured into taxis.

There are 45 of us from our Mariner roll call next month. going to Nachi.We plan on having a party....along with some relaxation too:D

Do we need to call ahead and let them know we are coming or just show up and hope there isn't 100 people there already? Also I see there is a charge for snorkeling but can we do it on our own without being in a planned excursion. (We are bringing our own gear.) Also is it a good beach to snorkel off of? We are looking for clear water.

Thanks

Do we need to call ahead and let them know we are coming or just show up and hope there isn't 100 people there already? Also I see there is a charge for snorkeling but can we do it on our own without being in a planned excursion. (We are bringing our own gear.) Also is it a good beach to snorkel off of? We are looking for clear water.

Thanks

You need to reserve ahead of time and put down a small deposit - you can do this through the Nachi web site or Island Marketing (same prices).

While the water is very clear, the bottom is nothing but soft sand and you will not see much if you snorkel from the shore. You might see a few fish if you snorkel around the pier, but to see lots of coral, reefs and fish you will need to pay for a snorkel tour.

If you are primarily interested in snorkeling from the shore check out the Money Bar. It is not AI, and does not have a real beach :( - just a sandy area for sunning and relaxing. You enter the water via steps and the snorkeling in the area is wonderful! :D

Good luck! :)

Archived