Victory - Southern Caribbean Itinerary Ideas

mom22tinks

Hi everyone, We are going on the Victory to St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and St. Marteen for the first time. I am just wondering if you have any suggestions on what to do at each of the ports. We are a family of 4 with two girls 9 and 11. We all enjoy the beach, have our own snorkeling equipment and vests and are also interested in each island. I am afraid that if we just go to the beach everyday it will get boring. If you were planning an itinerary for someone... what would you suggest? I am posting this in the other four sections as well as I wasn't sure where to post this. Thank you all for your help! Jess

For St. Lucia, I would recommend a trip that takes you down to Soufriere to see the volcano, diamond Falls waterfall and the Pitons, maybe with a beach break included at Jalousie beach between the Pitons. No trip to St. Lucia is complete without taking in the amazing Pitons- they are the iconic sight of the island. Some companies are Cosol, Spencer Ambrose, Jame's Touring, Frank's, etc. Alternatively, you could go to Morne Coubaril in Soufriere for a plantation tour and ziplining with views over the Pitons in the morning, then to the beach between the Pitons and then back to the ship. A taxi would be good for this trip, a tour company for the first one.

Alternatively, if you don't want to go down south for that (about 45min-1 hour one way), a shorter trip would be to Pigeon Island, about 25 minutes from the cruise port. Heritage site with great beach, 2 restaurants, some ruins and an easy hike for a beautiful view over both rodney Bay and over to Martinique.

Another option may be the rainforest skyride and ziplines. Great overviews and info of the rainforest along with the option for the zipline course - loads of fun!

One other option is the island castaway experience with Tribute to the Lion. He runs a beach BBQ/snorkel/fishing experience on a virtually deserted beach in Soufriere at the base of the Pitons. He can arrange horseback riding, massages, etc and holds an amazing organic beach BBQ with fish you catch yourself and veggies, etc form the organic farm on the beach, there are some sugar mill and plantation ruins, simplay an amazing day. You can google Tribute to the Lion for more info.

Hope that gives you some things to think about - maybe compare with the tours offered by the ship.

Enjoy your visit - St. Lucia is beautiful and has so much to offer besides just the beach!

Archived