Sailing 11/6/2011 fm Rome - Need Recommendations

lucyandricky

Hi,

My wife and I are sailing out of Rome on HAL's Rotterdam on 11/6. We need suggestions on one day port visits to Corsica, Barcelona, Cartagena, Malaga, Tangier and Funchal. We would like to avoid the pricey ship excursions and "go it on our own". We would love to hear all recommendations and suggestions............Thanks in advance for your input....................George

Hi,

My wife and I are sailing out of Rome on HAL's Rotterdam on 11/6. We need suggestions on one day port visits to Corsica, Barcelona, Cartagena, Malaga, Tangier and Funchal. We would like to avoid the pricey ship excursions and "go it on our own". We would love to hear all recommendations and suggestions............Thanks in advance for your input....................George

I strongly suggest you visit the "roll call" for your specific ship and sail date where you would get a terrific insight as to what others on your cruise are doing and maybe even share a "tour" with someone from your ship. They will all be there ready to help you with any questions pertaining to "your" cruise.

Happy sailings!

Just a note, but we generally prefer private excursions. Use the roll call to see if you can find some people to go with you and share. Just two people on a private tour will be pricey, but when you hit 6 or 8, it is a lot cheaper than the ship's tours, and you can be both flexible and nimble getting around. Use the ports of call section to get suggestions as to what to add in to whatever the tour company might suggest. You can use shoretrips.com as well as other companies that operate in most ports. Suggestions on the ports of call section will be good for this as well.

On our first visit, DW and I walked to town and back, it's about a mile. On our 2nd, the ship provided a bus to town and back. On our HAL cruise, they announced there was no bus to the ship and no bus when you cleared the dock. I was not able to walk to the edge of town and had found a place I really wanted to visit, but stayed on board. The announcement was totally FALSE! That was the second port I missed due to false information over the HAL loudpeakers! Don't know if it was stupidity or not.

On our first visit, DW and I walked to town and back, it's about a mile. On our 2nd, the ship provided a bus to town and back. On our HAL cruise, they announced there was no bus to the ship and no bus when you cleared the dock. I was not able to walk to the edge of town and had found a place I really wanted to visit, but stayed on board. The announcement was totally FALSE! That was the second port I missed due to false information over the HAL loudpeakers! Don't know if it was stupidity or not.

Huh? What port?

Hello,

When you visit Barcelona, the Hop On Hop Off bus is an excellent way to see this very interesting city. When you leave the port, there is a stop for this bus close to the huge statute of Columbus pointing the wrong way.

Hope that this helps,

Fred

Archived