CC Book Missing + New Pins

Terrence Richards

Sometimes it migrates to the Commodore Club, since that's where the meet-and-greets frequently are. I think one time it was up there and the staff had no idea what it was.

I didn't see it (or look for it) on the Eastbound, but I had erroneously assumed it would be in the CC.

The last time this happened it was taken to the Commodore Club for a "meet and greet" and just left there, whoever took it didn't think to return it to a safe place following the get-together. It then stayed behind the bar, the ever-changing staff not knowing what it was. It was finally tracked down and retuned to the Library after a period, I think, of several months.

There was a thread about it at the time it vanished previously, which I will try and find.

If I remember correctly it was possible to pin down the actual voyage when it was carelessly left in the Commodore Club because members had signed it up to a certain point and then there was a long gap in the dates (as will be seen when it is found once more).

I hope it is found once again as it was started shortly after the maiden voyage if I remember correctly.

Didn't even know the CC guest book existed.:confused:

Marie,

I'm not good about pasting links, but see if this opens. Sorry for being a dummy. I just did a search on "Sylvia" because I recall she either started it or kept abreast of it. If it does not take you anywhere, then do what I did and search "Sylvia".

BTW, who was MD in PG on your recent trip?

Jeanne

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=61437&highlight=sylvia

The Cruise Critic Book has been missing from the Queen Mary 2 Library for several months. Does anyone have it or know where it is?

The new Diamond Pin is not very nice! It looks like a small silver flag with the Cunard logo on it with the small diamond missing.

Terrenceo

Terry,

Even if the pin is not very nice, congrats on achieving/obtaining it.

BTW, I called Allstar for a JFK trip next week and got the quote for Red Hook while I was on the phone for December. You were right. It is less than the parking fee for 15 days. So grateful for your tip.

Jeanne, your White Plains neighbor.

The last time this happened it was taken to the Commodore Club for a "meet and greet" and just left there, whoever took it didn't think to return it to a safe place following the get-together. It then stayed behind the bar, the ever-changing staff not knowing what it was. It was finally tracked down and retuned to the Library after a period, I think, of several months.

There was a thread about it at the time it vanished previously, which I will try and find.

If I remember correctly it was possible to pin down the actual voyage when it was carelessly left in the Commodore Club because members had signed it up to a certain point and then there was a long gap in the dates (as will be seen when it is found once more).

I hope it is found once again as it was started shortly after the maiden voyage if I remember correctly.

Pepper,

I hope it is found as well. We had this scare once before and people were concerned that someone actually took it home. Fortunately, that was not the case and I hope it is not the case this time.

Every time I am aboard (oops, forgot to sign it last Christmas), I would just go sit in a corner of the Library and read all the notes from so many people that I know, mostly from CC. One time I wrote a note to Penny, knowing she would be on board some months later. She apparently looked back in the log as I do and found my note. It is a lovely connection you can have with people.

Jeanne

Pepper, Every time I am aboard, I would just go sit in a corner of the Library and read all the notes from so many people that I know, mostly from CC. One time I wrote a note to Penny, knowing she would be on board some months later. She apparently looked back in the log as I do and found my note. It is a lovely connection you can have with people. Jeanne

Dear Jeanne,

I couldn't agree with you more. I have read and re-read the many messages it contains. Seeing the names of people that I've had the honour and pleasure to meet over the years on QM2 brings the memories of many wonderful voyages flooding back.

With special best wishes.

For those that are interested, here are a couple threads from October, 2010 when the CC guest book went missing the last time. CC Guest Book Missing QM2 .. QM2 Cruise Critic sign in book has been found Regards, John.

Thank you John, VERY helpful.

And how informative to re-read certain posts.

Very best wishes.

Sadly it was lost a few times, last time it was found behind the bar, however it is not there time, i am sure we can find it if we look hard enough, unless it has been removed, terry and I will start a search, if we have time enough to do so lol.

The pin really nothing special, I have decided not to wear it now, world club staff are looking to find us an older version, how ever it is not the badge but the honour of reaching Diamond, which we both have and terry has been Diamond for a few years now.

..BTW, who was MD in PG on your recent trip?

That would be Sascha. He didn't fill my request to be reseated for the British Isles segment. Let's just say that on the last night, when I slipped envelopes to those who served me, I did not seek him out.

For those that are interested, here are a couple threads from October, 2010 when the CC guest book went missing the last time.

Regards,

John.

John,

Thanks so much for finding these threads, not just for the reminiscing of those who have already read them, but for those who are learning about the book for the first time.

What a community!

Jeanne

That would be Sascha. He didn't fill my request to be reseated for the British Isles segment. Let's just say that on the last night, when I slipped envelopes to those who served me, I did not seek him out.

Wow! Thanks Marie. Hopefully he will be going home this Christmas!

Jeanne

Dear Jeanne,

I couldn't agree with you more. I have read and re-read the many messages it contains. Seeing the names of people that I've had the honour and pleasure to meet over the years on QM2 brings the memories of many wonderful voyages flooding back.

With special best wishes.

Pepper,

You are a dear. I'll have to work on a T/A with Linda sometime and meet you for lunch.

Special wishes right back at you.

Jeanne

The pin really nothing special, I have decided not to wear it now, world club staff are looking to find us an older version, how ever it is not the badge but the honour of reaching Diamond, which we both have and terry has been Diamond for a few years now.

I'll gladly trade my old style diamond pin for the new version. IMHO the old ones are rather tawdry.

I noted when I signed the book that it had an added label on the front cover asking that it not be removed from the library.

Jeanne - hopefully? next October and last June lunch was in Hythe after a scenic ferry ride.

Linda

Archived