Airfare

Jimmy Geegitz

These deals, available on multiple airlines, are for travel

Nov. 30 - Dec. 14 and Jan. 4 - Feb. 15.

Sample fares from Tampa (each way):

I think a whole bunch of people got this, but my problem is what was mentioned above .. that March date. My bad date is specifically March 26th.

.. getting home after jewel OTS/Tampa. I think spring breakers are going home plus snow birds is all I can figure out. I was not home, I was on Oasis when fares were released, and by the time I got home a week later, the cheapest flight home was $310 on SW.. and still is that much.

Has to be hitting spring break for the flights to fill up that fast is all I can figure out.

march 26th date seems to be a problem .. but I know others who were able to book this sale.. too bad its no help to me.

I booked my cruise way before I booked air. Got the air through SW the day they opened up through the end of March ... am paying $1100 for three of us to fly non-stop to FLL

I was on oasis and had I known March 26th was such a hot date, I would have paid for computer time onboard :(

At the time I thought oh well, a week, it cant matter .. it did. the first 4 flights to dallas march 26th, the wanna get away fare is showing totally sold out, only last two flights of the day are left at $310. thats one person, one way.

I couldn't see the dates you need in your thread. I have been watching flights from Buffalo to Ft Lauderdale / Miami for two months. We cruise in Feb. The flights can vary quite a bit. We got a seatsale with Southwest last week for $148 to go down day before the cruise; we still need a return flight, which is higher during the " cruiser prime departure times" but I look every day. Southwest's price today from FLL is $202 - so total airfare would cost $350 both ways, which is probably the cheapest I could ever get. I'm still waiting though. I would like to get a better time for the flight so I am not in the airport for hours - four hours after my last cruise and that was after a post-cruise excursion! It drags down the excitement of your trip.

I get daily email alerts from a travel site (Don't want to break the rules here, but it starts with a "K" and is also the word for a small canoe-like boat.) So far airfare from NYC to Houston in August is holding steady at $450 pp rt.

But I'm hoping that when Southwest opens up bookings for next summer prices may change (they are only taking bookings through June 1st right now.) I'm also on their email alert list.

And SW flights to start soon!:)

I am looking forward to that!! There needs to be some healthy competition at that airport!!

Yea halos I saw the renovations. Looks Good. Southwest is going to start flying out of Portland? I know they bought airtran but didnt know they were actually going to park Sw Jets there.

Yup!! It's true!!

March is probably high because of college spring break. We just switched ships from the Dream to the Pride out of Baltimore so we wouldn't have to deal with airfare for Feb school vaca week we were finding $1500,00 avg for the 3 of us. No way I'll take a couple of cold days out of Baltimore instead. Good Luck

Yeah I hear you there!! We were all set to book on the Magic out of Texas, but for a family of four it was almost $2,400 out of providence RI, Boston was a little bit more..So now were getting a limo to NY and Cruising on the Miracle in April...

Yes I know April is high being spring break, but we always gone during this time and this was the most expensive I've seen it in along time..Oh well Guess the Magic will have to wait, can't see spending all that money!

Our airfares are less this year than they were several years ago- same time same trip. Last year our fares to Orlando were outrageous. The fares now are probably lower than they were 20 years ago but there are these new security taxes.

I live in Vermont so it is always expensive to fly but prices are definitely higher than usual. We were originally booked on JetBlue to fly to Costa Rica for a December wedding for my brother when they decided to postpone for a year or more. We decided to do a cruise and pay the $100 change fee. Well the price were super high 2 weeks ago and it was more expensive to fly to Florida to line up with cruise dates than to fly to San Juan. We paid about $460pp which isn't horrible coming from Vermont. We could have saved a little more if we had flow on an alternate date but my time off from work is unpaid so stuck with a late afternoon flight, the cheapest on that date.

It's hard coming from Vermont because you always have connections, usually JFK. Thank goodness we have JetBlue or else it would be even more! We looked into Boston but it's a 4 hour drive and even longer if we hit with a snow storm and it's expensive to park and just more stressful overall. We are cruising in early December.

Airfare is like a bouncing ball that seems to go higher with each rebound. We are on the west coast so our ports of departure are Seattle, San Francisco or Los Angeles. We have flown to Seattle and LA which has added hundreds to our vacation cost. A few weeks ago, when discussing a possible cruise to Hawaii (departing from LA) we were discussing air fare costs. Our son suggested that we rent a car and drive to LA and turn it in. Then rent a car and drive back home at the end of the cruise. Holy guacamole! We raised a genius! Car rental and gasoline for the 6 hour drive is less than one one-way ticket. And we don't have to worry about luggage fees and parking.

Yeah, I looked up that SW deal for Tampa to DC in Dec. As we always drive back to VA middle of Dec, and stay til after the new year. I thought, yes, we could do Dec 14 up and Jan 4 back. With senior discount, it was $60.27 each way x 2 less than $121 pp round trip. Very doable. BUT, then they add $111 tax and fees. It's up to $353 round trip. Not such a deal after all. Even with gas, and 1 night hotel stop, it won't come to more than that, and we'd have our vehicle once there.

Besides, it's a streight 2 1/2 hr flight between VA and FL. SW would send us out West to Chicago, change planes, and then North to VA. Same with flight back, out West to Chicago, and then South to FL, Turning a simple 2 1/2 hr flight into 6 1/2 and 7 hr flights. To me that's just ridiculous. I know I know, they have their hubs, but if they didn't waste so much fuel flying way round farmer John's barn, maybe they could lower their plane fares to begin with. Climbing off my soap box now.

Moncton, New Brunswick to Miami for our March cruise - $1750 round trip for 2. Le sigh!

Halifax NS to Miami in April/12 $1616.00 RT for 2 with Carnival FlyWeigh program.

No idea yet of stops.

Also they pick us up at airport and because they bring us in a day early the pay for hotel room the pick us up to takes us port terminal.

I'm driving across a state line (85 miles total) to get an airport with a better price to Ft. Lauderdale -- saving about $150. Now if they'll only stop changing the itinerary...

A passenger revolt was brewing, and lots of bills were circulating through Congress just before 911 hit -- and then entire country turned into a bunch of sheep, in my opinion. We'll let the airlines do anything to us in the name of security, and keep doing it, because we're all afraid (of virtually everything) now. Who knows whether simply complaining about it -- as I just have -- doesn't put you on a watch list. Airline bookings are down recently, so the question is whether they'll hammer us with higher prices to make up for lost fares, or submit to the forces of supply and demand. Perhaps they'll receive some kind of corporate welfare. Or they'll come up with new fees: $10 to scan your bags, $20 service fee if they have to manually search your bags, $50 if they decide to savagely beat the daylights out of you...

• 2 weeks later...
Halifax NS to Miami in April/12 $1616.00 RT for 2 with Carnival FlyWeigh program.

No idea yet of stops.

Also they pick us up at airport and because they bring us in a day early the pay for hotel room the pick us up to takes us port terminal.

My TA called Carnival and was told they no longer fly in the day before. Far too scary for my liking. Also, for us to drive to Halifax would cost us the difference in flight cost from Moncton. Far too pricey either way! As mentioned before, le sigh! :cool:

This is why we've chosen to cruise from home ports recently... luckily for us, we live between Los Angeles and San Diego. Unluckily for us, the only place you go on CCL is Mexican Riviera.... but I am not complaining because I am still cruising!!!!

We look forward to booking a cruise within the next year to the Caribbean....which means coast to coast airfare!

Last year we snagged $29 flights from Detroit to Orlando on Spirit, and even with luggage fees, etc. it was only $190 round trip for BOTH of us together.

This year we're paying about $230/person (including luggage fees) roundtrip from Detroit to Ft. Lauderdale.

Won't have to look for airfare for our cruise in 2013 as we're going to drive that time since we want to do some sightseeing on the way to New Orleans, and then hit Memphis and Nashville on our way home.

Archived