Can someone help me to identify deck 10 in this photo

mbmadeline

I located this photo of the Pearl I think this is the port side, but don't know how to identify which is deck 10 Can someone kindly help me Thank you

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/showphoto.php?photo=10439

The bridge is on deck 11, you can see it at the front of the ship...there is a window platform that hangs/bumps out the side of the ship.....so from there look down 1 deck.

Deck 8 shows the hulled balcony cabins....9, 10, and 11 have open balconies in the picture.

There are 4 decks of cabins shown in the picture, 8, 9, 10, and 11....

I located this photo of the Pearl I think this is the port side, but don't know how to identify which is deck 10 Can someone kindly help me Thank you

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/showphoto.php?photo=10439

Deck 8 is where the life boats are(where those big openings are)... deck 10 is two above it. The bridge is on deck 11 and the Spinnaker Lounge is on deck 12.

Deck 8 is where the life boats are(where those big openings are)... deck 10 is two above it. The bridge is on deck 11 and the Spinnaker Lounge is on deck 12.

Sorry, I tried to correct this but couldn't get back on the boards without an error message... deck 8 is the one above those big openings..

the balconies on deck 8 are hull balconies (slightly enclosed) and then obstructed view... the first couple of balconies on deck 9 and 10 also are enclosed... you can see where they open up.

so if you are looking at one of the first ones, it will be an "enclosed" balcony.

We actually had one on a cruise leaving from NYC in February and liked the added protection of the elements... we probably used the balcony more than we would have if it was open.

I can get the first "enclosed" balcony at very front on deck 10 I've never been on the enclosed type of balcony ...also wondering if that large window thing overhead to the left on side of ship would in any way interfere with sun, view or balcony experience I thought it sounded like a great idea to be at very front of ship to be in a quieter area which alot of people walking past the rooms to elevator or kids running in hall ... do you think that would be a good room ... or should I switch to an open balcony more mid ship? Also can you tell me if it makes any difference being on the port or starboard side...this cruise is going to the Caribbean I know the side of ship is more important when going to like Hawaii and wanting to be on Napali coast side.

Thank you everyone for a little education!

I can get the first "enclosed" balcony at very front on deck 10 I've never been on the enclosed type of balcony ...also wondering if that large window thing overhead to the left on side of ship would in any way interfere with sun, view or balcony experience I thought it sounded like a great idea to be at very front of ship to be in a quieter area which alot of people walking past the rooms to elevator or kids running in hall ... do you think that would be a good room ... or should I switch to an open balcony more mid ship? Also can you tell me if it makes any difference being on the port or starboard side...this cruise is going to the Caribbean I know the side of ship is more important when going to like Hawaii and wanting to be on Napali coast side.

Thank you everyone for a little education!

I think the first two balconies belong to the owner's suite. Yours would be the third. It does take away from the sun and the view if you are in the room. The view from the balcony is fine. That window thing is the bridge. It does offer some privacy on your balcony. That area is very quiet... we sailed in a front suite on deck 10 on the Gem and the only reason for going up in that area is to go to your room. I don't think that port or starboard means that much in the Carribean.

Yes, I was told that there was an owner's suite in front of us with an adjourning door which is kept locked. You've been so helpful. I guess my only apprehension is whether I should switch to a more open style balcony I never seen a photo of the exterior of the ship. The only downside is that it might not be as quiet as near the very end of hall. Decisions Decisions

Yes, I was told that there was an owner's suite in front of us with an adjourning door which is kept locked. You've been so helpful. I guess my only apprehension is whether I should switch to a more open style balcony I never seen a photo of the exterior of the ship. The only downside is that it might not be as quiet as near the very end of hall. Decisions Decisions

Personally, I would not want to have one of the "hull" balconies, particularly if I were cruising someplace warm. If you do a search on here for "enclosed" or "hull" balconies, you should be able to find a thread or two where someone has posted some pics of them.* The view of the sea is obstructed, in the sense that there's a solid border, if you will, around the outside of your balcony.

*There's a pic on this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=24227824

In terms of moving further midship to get an open balcony, while it's true you'll have more traffic in the passageway, as long as you don't pick a cabin that is opposite the opening to the stairs/elevators, you should be okay. That's just my personal and subjective opinion. (You can also be pretty far forward -- forward of the forward stairs -- and have an open balcony. We did on the Jewel last year; it was the second "open" balcony aft of the hull balconies, and in that "quiet" forward area you are keying in at.)

Personally, I would not want to have one of the "hull" balconies, particularly if I were cruising someplace warm. If you do a search on here for "enclosed" or "hull" balconies, you should be able to find a thread or two where someone has posted some pics of them.* The view of the sea is obstructed, in the sense that there's a solid border, if you will, around the outside of your balcony.

*There's a pic on this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=24227824

In terms of moving further midship to get an open balcony, while it's true you'll have more traffic in the passageway, as long as you don't pick a cabin that is opposite the opening to the stairs/elevators, you should be okay. That's just my personal and subjective opinion. (You can also be pretty far forward -- forward of the forward stairs -- and have an open balcony. We did on the Jewel last year; it was the second "open" balcony aft of the hull balconies, and in that "quiet" forward area you are keying in at.)

I agree, the hull balcony was great for us leaving in the winter from the north but for a warm weather cruise, you might be disappointed. What about a balcony at the far back of the ship. My brother and his wife stayed in a BC balcony near the aft of the ship of the Pearl (we were in an aft Penthouse a few doors down) that was a very quiet part of the ship as well. There was no traffic in the hallways and the balcony was wide open.

Archived