Future cruise credit?

mommyto3girls:)

I remember on our last cruise they offered a chance to buy a credit for a future cruise for a reduced price. We didn't do it at the time, but are cruising this January and plan to take another next fall. I have a few questions.

Has anyone used these? Are they good for any cruise and any rate-even early saver? if you have made a deposit on a cruise can you use a credit for the remainder or just new bookings? Can you use more than one credit per cabin-one per person in the room? Can you give as gifts? How many can you buy per cruise?

thank you!

You can buy all you want, but only one per cabin as other similar promos.

No you cant give as a gift, other than if you booked onboard, then you get two extra friends and family FCCs to give away for use on the same cruise you booked.

Non transferable.

There are no discounts, you misunderstood. You get $100 off, so maybe thats where you got confused. The $100 is your own money they apply toward a cruise when you book after you get home. The only benefit is OBC.

yes they are good for ES, or almost any rate (not interline).

they say not good for already booked cruises, so maybe yes maybe no if you buy one and try to apply it to a already booked cruise.

One more clarification-if I know the cruise I want and book while onboard then I can buy two additional certificates for two other cabins for friends. Then they also get the same onboard credit as my cabin? So it cost me $300, but 100 off the 3 cabins and an onboard credit for each cabin?

I should have paid more attention, but we didn't have the extra money last year:o

The amount of the on board credit depends on the length of the cruise. It's also important to know that the on board credit is split between whomever is in the cabin. This isn't a problem if you're married or with a significant other but I have heard of someone purchasing one and then they go on the cruise with a friend and their friend ends up with half of the on board credit.

The do have an expiration date of 2 years so be sure you are going to use it within that time frame. I have heard of someone having it applied to an already booked cruise that wasn't paid off yet but the certificate does say on new bookings only.

The amount of the on board credit depends on the length of the cruise. It's also important to know that the on board credit is split between whomever is in the cabin. This isn't a problem if you're married or with a significant other but I have heard of someone purchasing one and then they go on the cruise with a friend and their friend ends up with half of the on board credit.

The do have an expiration date of 2 years so be sure you are going to use it within that time frame. I have heard of someone having it applied to an already booked cruise that wasn't paid off yet but the certificate does say on new bookings only.

Thanks. What is the obc for a 5 day cruise?

One more clarification-if I know the cruise I want and book while onboard then I can buy two additional certificates for two other cabins for friends. Then they also get the same onboard credit as my cabin? So it cost me $300, but 100 off the 3 cabins and an onboard credit for each cabin?

I should have paid more attention, but we didn't have the extra money last year:o

That's not correct.

If you book your cruise on board then you will also receive 2 vouchers, free of charge.Your family or friends have to book the same cruise as you within 60 days of your booking and they will receive the same on board credit.

That's not correct.

If you book your cruise on board then you will also receive 2 vouchers, free of charge.Your family or friends have to book the same cruise as you within 60 days of your booking and they will receive the same on board credit.

Thanks. Two are complimentary, can I buy anymore?-We have 3 couples possibly going with us. Does anyone know if they are offered on every cruise?

Thanks. Two are complimentary, can I buy anymore?-We have 3 couples possibly going with us. Does anyone know if they are offered on every cruise?

4 ships do not have them. You can buy as many as you want. I bought 5 last time .. too many. I already had some at home.

They are non transferable, so they are only good for the cabin you are in.

Remember the 2 friends and family are only if you book onboard, you get two more friends and family vouchers.

If you buy extras to bring home and use you dont get the friends and family.

this link explains it clearer.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/09/02/what-is-the-loyalty-and-cruise-vacation-program.aspx

Just to clarify, you pay $100 and get the two friends and family. The friends and family do not get $100 off since they paid nothing. The $100 off is your own money you get applied to the price.

The only benefit is OBC.

I have a question regarding the FCC but slightly different. We bought one 2 weeks ago. Booked our next cruise 2 days ago and submitted the form online yesterday to apply the $100 depoist and recieve our credit, How long does it take once you submit online until it does up in your payments? I want to pay off the remaining balance this coming weekend, but obviously won't do so, until that $100 deposit is applied.

thanks in advance!

I applied my FCC to my final payment, not the deposit. It took about 5 days for it to show up online. When it did, it was split between me and the friend I was traveling with. I called Carnival, and they told me that was the policy. After talking with a supervisor, the whole $100 was changed to just my account.

I applied my FCC to my final payment, not the deposit. It took about 5 days for it to show up online. When it did, it was split between me and the friend I was traveling with. I called Carnival, and they told me that was the policy. After talking with a supervisor, the whole $100 was changed to just my account.

Hmm. Good to know. I will be traveling with my DH and my girls so I guess it doesn't matter to me this time. I wonder if it will still get split over all 5 guests? I wasn't planning on even giving the girls charging privileges so surely not? if so, the girls will be "buying" some of the pictures.

Hmm. Good to know. I will be traveling with my DH and my girls so I guess it doesn't matter to me this time. I wonder if it will still get split over all 5 guests? I wasn't planning on even giving the girls charging privileges so surely not? if so, the girls will be "buying" some of the pictures.

The supervisor I spoke to said that the credit is normally per cabin and given to the 1st two people in the room.

If it goes to the girls .. it would probably barely cover their tips if at all. Its not that much OBC and everyone is charged auto tips.

I remember on our last cruise they offered a chance to buy a credit for a future cruise for a reduced price. We didn't do it at the time, but are cruising this January and plan to take another next fall. I have a few questions.

Has anyone used these? Are they good for any cruise and any rate-even early saver? if you have made a deposit on a cruise can you use a credit for the remainder or just new bookings? Can you use more than one credit per cabin-one per person in the room? Can you give as gifts? How many can you buy per cruise?

thank you

As I recall I bought one for $100 and it was valued at $200. That was 3 years ago and about 18 months later I had no problem redeeming it at the last minute when I saw a cruise I had been considering drop in price and offer an o.b.c. I bought another on that cruise and still have a year left to redeem it. My only regret is that I didn't buy it when they offered a one day special that would have given us another $50 off future cruise. That was on NCL.

Sunday we leave on Celebrity and will probably purchase one if this line has the high standards it had many years ago.

All in all...if you enjoy the line you are going on and plan to do it again it's a great way to save today!

Also if I decided I don't want to cruise NCL I can gift it to someone...I can't speak as to today's policies or any other line.

Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise.:)

Archived