Masseurs on board

Kruz Guys

Has anyone ever seen a Masseur working in the spas on a cruise ship? It seems only female therapists are used. Wonder why? Would be nice to have a masseur for once. :confused:

I have had massages by masseurs on HAL and Princess. All of it on RSVP charters. On the Caribbean Princess I believe they brought in a whole bunch of extra masseurs but I don't think that was the case on HAL - there were always a few masseurs but the majority were masseuses. On the RSV charters the masseurs were always in high demand but I don't think the masseuses were sitting around doing nothing either. :)

Has anyone ever seen a Masseur working in the spas on a cruise ship? It seems only female therapists are used. Wonder why? Would be nice to have a masseur for once. :confused:

I've had male therapists on Cunard. This one guy, Christian was just fantastic. No idea whether he's gay or not, but he was great. This was on the QM2. In Jan. we'll be on the Queen Victoria, so no idea whether there's male messeurs or not.

Just returned from the Regent Mariner which had two masseurs. I used only one who was as good as any I've had. I prefer deep tissue and he was excellent. Although I haven't sailed on a Crystal ship for two years, they always had at least one and usually several male therapists. The three larger Seabourn ships also have male therapists. And on a Celebrity cruise four years ago there were also several masseurs working. The spa facilities on both Crystal and Seabourn are quite nice. Before sailing, I always try to contact the spa manager to verify if there will be a masseur so I can make my plans.

I few years ago on RCCL I had a Masseur and he was great. I wanted a deep tissue massage and got what I wanted. I would not feel confortable with a female........

I few years ago on RCCL I had a Masseur and he was great. I wanted a deep tissue massage and got what I wanted. I would not feel confortable with a female........

We're on the NCL Pride of America Dec 10th out of Honolulu. I hope there is a Masseur on that cruise. I, too, am not comfortable with a female massage therapist.

I am with you guys on the male vs female deal. Most females don't have the strength to give a deep tissue massage. Besides, I would rather have a man's hands :p on me over a lady any day. :eek:

Does anyone know if NCL has masseurs on their ships?:)

I don't have the crusing miles under my belt as some of you have. Wow!

I am with you guys on the male vs female deal. Most females don't have the strength to give a deep tissue massage. Besides, I would rather have a man's hands :p on me over a lady any day. :eek:

Does anyone know if NCL has masseurs on their ships?:)

I don't have the crusing miles under my belt as some of you have. Wow!

I don't know if they NCL has masseurs or not. Will find out in December when we go on our Hawaii cruise. :D

I am with you guys on the male vs female deal. Most females don't have the strength to give a deep tissue massage.

I don't know... I have a massage or two from masseuses (even small and slender) and they gave as good pressure as most masseurs. :)

That said, I still prefer a male.

There were male massage therapists on the NCL Pride of America. Both Greg and I had a male therapist; however we were on board the Pride of America through an RSVP charter, so I can't tell if they got more males since they knew we were coming. I really enjoyed this massage...much more so than the other massage I got on a Carnival cruise with a female. Seemed the female's hands were too delicate...and she even tried to convince me to come back and get another massage/service since I was so uncomfortable at that one!! :eek:

Don

We're on the NCL Pride of America Dec 10th out of Honolulu. I hope there is a Masseur on that cruise. I, too, am not comfortable with a female massage therapist.

Really?? I've had both good and bad massages from both men and women. Couldn't care less.

I hope that we on this board would also give a free pass to a straight guy who said he wasn't comfortable with a male massage therapist.

keithm, I"ve had Christian on the QM2, also, and he really is fantastic. I was so pleased, I had 2, 90-minute massages from him in the same week! Very good at deep tissue.

Yeah, I got 3 that week. He was terrific.

We prefer the term massage therapists or practitioners thanks,

Caslling us Masseurs is like calling flight attendant a stewardess. Just an FYI.

Happy sailing!

Or Masseuse.!!

Or thats what they called them in the places that have naughty thngs going on. lol

Happy Cruising!

We prefer the term massage therapists or practitioners thanks,

Caslling us Masseurs is like calling flight attendant a stewardess. Just an FYI.

Happy sailing!

Oops. Sorry about the wording. Didn't mean to offend. Thanks for clarifying the terminology.

We are hoping there will be good therapists on the POA in December. :D

Maybe we'll be fortunate to have one on the Pride of America in December. I'll do a massage no matter but I do prefer a male therapist.

Eager to get on the ship. Our first trip to Hawaii and we're excited.

Kruz Guys

:cool:

The last 2 RCI ships I was on this year (Serenade and Mariner), neither of them had male therapists. I was told they don't hire males anymore. I have a big issue with that. I've had 1 female that came close to a decent Deep Tissue compared to any male has given me one.

I will no longer be spending my money in any Royal Carribean Spa unless they get male therapists back on board. It's ridiculous the amount you have to pay for a 55 min massage, let alone get a crappy one that feels like a mild rub down when you specifically book a Deep Tissue.

I had my first Swedish massage onboard a ship (Navigator of the Seas) a couple of weeks ago, as my TA offered a voucher for a treatment at the spa. I got a very good and professional Filipino female therapist. I didn't ask for a male therapist although I saw a couple of male therapists working at the spa but didn't know if massage was their specialty. So as long as the the treatment is good, I don't care who does it.

The last 2 RCI ships I was on this year (Serenade and Mariner), neither of them had male therapists. I was told they don't hire males anymore. I have a big issue with that. I've had 1 female that came close to a decent Deep Tissue compared to any male has given me one.

I will no longer be spending my money in any Royal Carribean Spa unless they get male therapists back on board. It's ridiculous the amount you have to pay for a 55 min massage, let alone get a crappy one that feels like a mild rub down when you specifically book a Deep Tissue.

I'm with you on this one. No one gives a Deep Tissue massage like a male therapists. A female dosn't have the strength.........

Archived