Shopping Seminars On Board

mompolo

My dh and I are avid shoppers and very (very) good at finding great bargains. I just want to let people know that just because the cruise suggests certain stores - you still have to be very careful.

On our last cruise (Liberty - 9/25/11) my husband found a particular Philip Stein watch he wanted - we couldn't get any of the jewelry stores to go under $465 and he decided to wait and check online when we got home. We found it on a well known auction site, being sold by a reputable watch store (with tons of great feedback) for only $338!! I plan to buy it for my husband for our anniversary. Also, the Fruitz watch which is highly pushed on the cruise for $203 - can be found for around $145 at an online store. (I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to post names - sorry).

I don't want to say that the ships are doing anything wrong - but I think they can be a little misleading.

Good luck shopping -

I don't want to say that the ships are doing anything wrong - but I think they can be a little misleading.

Yeah, I often wonder what kind of kick-back ... excuse me ... advertising fee these shops are paying to CCL for the publicity.

My dh and I are avid shoppers and very (very) good at finding great bargains. I just want to let people know that just because the cruise suggests certain stores - you still have to be very careful.

On our last cruise (Liberty - 9/25/11) my husband found a particular Philip Stein watch he wanted - we couldn't get any of the jewelry stores to go under $465 and he decided to wait and check online when we got home. We found it on a well known auction site, being sold by a reputable watch store (with tons of great feedback) for only $338!! I plan to buy it for my husband for our anniversary. Also, the Fruitz watch which is highly pushed on the cruise for $203 - can be found for around $145 at an online store. (I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to post names - sorry).

Good luck shopping -

It's pretty common knowledge that the stores that CCL 'suggests' are only the prefered stores because they kickback to the cruiseline, not because that have particularly good deals.

Yeah, I often wonder what kind of kick-back ... excuse me ... advertising fee these shops are paying to CCL for the publicity.

I call them kickbacks.

I would avoid any store suggested because you know the prices have to be jacked up to do the kickbacks to the cruiseline.

Archived