Hotel near Boston cruise port

Bibble

I'm looking for a hotel for the night before a cruise out of Boston.

I'd like to be as close as possible to the port but also as inexpensive as possible. Trying to find that happy medium. (i.e. I'd rather pay $150 to be closer than $50 to be further away).

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good value?

Thanks!

9/30 we paid $150.00/night for the waterfront Westin. Booked through Priceline.

its close, but unless you are extremely in shape and packing light you can't walk to the pier. Also, there is NOTHING around the hotel except the conference center. We were so tired we ate in the Irish pub in the hotel.

I was pretty happy to pay $150 for a nice room in Boston. Boston is expensive.

There's nothing next to the hotel, but there are now a number of restaurants in the area - No Name, Anthony's Pier 4, Legal Seafoods Test Kitchen, Strega, Morton's Steak House plus the Aura at the Seaport Hotel. You have to do your research to know where to find these places.

We stayed at the Westin a couple of weeks ago. It's perfect for one night pre-cruise. We took the Silver Line from Logan (cheap at $2pp but it was also crowded at rush hour) and walked to the hotel from the World Trade Center stop. It took about 5 minutes, with luggage (we each had a 21" plus tote strapped to it and a knapsack).

We had dinner in the North End and walked there in 20-25 minutes. On a nice night it's a very pleasant walk along the water. We were going to take a cab back but our friends drove us.

It's only about $15 to take a cab to the pier in the morning, too. It's not a long walk, but with luggage it would be a PITA.

I really recommend the Westin - the staff were friendly and helpful, they have a nice gym and pool, there's a Starbucks for a light breakfast if you need one. We stayed on points, so I can't tell you what it would cost.

Haven't heard back from the OP. The Westin is frequently on Hotwire as a 4* in the Waterfront area - I recommend it all the time. There are three 4* hotels close together in the Waterfront area. With Hotwire there is no guarantee you will get the Westin - the other two possibilities are the Seaport and the Renaissance, but almost all the time the result is the Westin. No problem with any of these hotels.

Thanks so much everyone!

(sorry for not getting back on, I had a death in the family and away from computers...)

I will definitely try Hotwire. We will have a car, so that's not an issue. I'm not going until July, but I want to have this ironed out by end of year.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks so much everyone!

(sorry for not getting back on, I had a death in the family and away from computers...)

I will definitely try Hotwire. We will have a car, so that's not an issue. I'm not going until July, but I want to have this ironed out by end of year.

If you have a car, you will have to pay to park it. If you bid on a Waterfront hotel, you would be able to drop your luggage off at the hotel, drive a few blocks to ditch the car at the cruise parking garage, and then walk back to the hotel. Call the parking to see if you can get the cruise rate for the precruise night. This will save you a lot of hassle moving the car a few blocks on the morning of your cruise.

Archived