wine in your cabin

eclue

WE have previously cruised on Princess and are familiar with their policies on bringing wine aboard.

What is the policy for Celebrity on bringing your own wine for consumption in your cabin or balcony??

Any info is appreciated....will be on the constellation in December..

Thanks.

eclue:rolleyes:

2 bottles of wine (size unspecified) per room at embarcation. During the cruise, you can not bring any wine on board....it will be held until the last night when it will be returned.

No liquor can be brought on board. An unlimited amount of water can be brought on board.

Many many threads and posts on this topic that discuss how non uniformly these policies are enforced and ways one could get around some of the rules, if you want to do a search.

WE have previously cruised on Princess and are familiar with their policies on bringing wine aboard.

What is the policy for Celebrity on bringing your own wine for consumption in your cabin or balcony??

Any info is appreciated....will be on the constellation in December..

Thanks.

eclue:rolleyes:

2 bottles at embarcation per cabin. Ask your steward for corkscrew. Wine glasses will be in your cabin. HINT: Go to the lido deck & p/u some cheese & crackers etc. Bring to your cabin. Sit on your balcony & enjoy the sunset. The most relaxing & civilized way to travel

Carole

As far as I know, each person over 21 is allowed to bring 1 bottle.:)

Each cabin is allowed two bottles to be brought onboard during embarkation only. If taken to the dining room or any other dining venue, you will be charged a $25 corkage fee.

thank you...seems to be the same policy as Princess...unlike HAL where you can bring on a case!!!

Actually Princess allows you to bring on unlimited amounts. On our California Coastal trip two weeks ago, we brought eight bottles from our personal cellar and then replenished in every port (Napa, Santa Barbara and even Ensenada). We were charged $15 per bottle corkage fee in the dining room. I have gotten to the point anymore that I am choosing my cruises based on the fact whether or not I can bring wine onboard even if I have to pay a corkage fee. I absolutely hate RCCL's policy of nothing whatsoever.

Each cabin is allowed two bottles to be brought onboard during embarkation only. If taken to the dining room or any other dining venue, you will be charged a $25 corkage fee.

We carried our full glasses to the MDR and enjoyed the wine during dinner. Call me cheap, but I refuse to pay $25 corkage fee. I'd buy a bottle from the ship before I would pay $25 to open a bottle.

Archived