Help from someone with pull

Kimq

It just showed up in tonights Patter that tomorrow MUTS at 5:30 will be the World Series (Reception Permitting). I am happy about this but I still think the purser's desk should have known instead of telling us they did not have a license. :rolleyes:

Glad you get to possibly watch game #2 tonight!:)

It just showed up in tonights Patter that tomorrow MUTS at 5:30 will be the World Series (Reception Permitting). I am happy about this but I still think the purser's desk should have known instead of telling us they did not have a license. :rolleyes:

Just be thankful they are going to show it and don't blame the purser's desk. They probably didn't have a licence and had not paid the ridiculous amount MLB would charge to show it. As I said early Superbowl charged cruisew ships 25 000

Its just a sports game on TV, thats all......anyone can get the scores on the internet......a cruise should be more than a sports game...... cruise and enjoy the fact that you are able to cruise when so many other people cant.

It may be just a sports game on tv (which I am not the least bit interested in, myself), but it is something that they feel would be enjoyable or would enhance their cruise experience, in the same way that trivia games, bingo, shows, wine tasting, movies, playing bridge, etc. enhance any cruise experience. If they didn't have any of the above, sea days could be pretty boring after awhile. Everyone chooses what they are interested in.

We could look at bridge as just a game on a table, wine tasting as just a glass of wine in a bar...

JMHO!

Can we dispense with the sarcasm and eye rolling? The OP has five consecutive sea days, and the WS games are on in the early evening (her time). I don't think that OP would be missing out on any valuable cruising activities if she opted to watch a WS game instead of seeing a tenth consecutive show in the Theater, or yet another Tina Turner concert on MUTS. It's not as if she is going to be glued to the game while the other passengers enjoy the passage through the Panama Canal. What do you nay-sayers do between 5:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. that is so darned important that she should be doing instead of watching the WS?

Bravo!! I was just saying the same thing to my DH....why do folks think that it is up to them to decide what others should and shouldn't be doing on THEIR cruise??? Now I'm going to :rolleyes:

LOL

We were on a Carnival cruise during the 2008 WS. I had made up a cabin door sign as a game score card and the pursor's office would call with the scores ASAP which I would then post on the board for all to read.

It was important to us as we live in DE and are Phillies fans BT!

Space below was kept for a dry marker and we got a lot of great responses! And only one with $#@ remarks!

Maybe you can make arrangements to get the scores if the games are not posted!

Steve :cool:

Wow, what a bummer for baseball fans :(

I really enjoyed getting to watch my Packers beat both the Eagles and Falcons in the playoffs last year. I brought my Rodgers jersey to wear and ended up watching both games on MUTS with some really nice people from Wisconsin. It was a lot of fun to be up on deck, sailing away from Ft. Lauderdale with the sunset, and the Packer's game :D I remember being so happy to find out that the game the following week would be on Saturday and not Sunday so I'd get to watch it on the ship.

I know! It's like we are personalizing our cruise experience when we can add these!

We were on cruise and wanted to watch The Gators and we were lucky enough that they were able to get it on the TVs in the Viking Crown Lounge. It took some doing...but they were nice enough to oblige! We had on our Gator garb and it was like a big party watching with other Gators and the opponents! Fun!!

On our cruise over the holidays in 2005-6, the CD announced that the college bowl games on a different satellite than they use, but because of the demand, they would try to get a couple of the bowl games shown in the lounge, signal willing. We were in the middle of the Pacific at that time. A tablemate went to those lounges those days and said the Orange Bowl was intimittant but he was able to see the Rose Bowl game.

this last holiday cruise, there were pro games on MUTS as well as the Rose Bowl game.

Back in 1994, the Olympic coverage we saw on our Alaskan cruise was from a British network. We did watch some of it.

Archived