Does Celebrity have a Movies Under The Stars program like Princess?

hrmccoy

Although we are in the minority, we loved the movies under the stars when we cruised on Princess. There was nothing not to like but if you don't like it stay off the pool deck after dark. They handed out blankets, if it was chilly and pop corn was distributed.

Having said that we went on an 8 day cruise on the Carnival Spendor this past October and hated every minute of the big screen. All day long, for eight days they played concerts of:

Billy Joel, Mariah Carey and one or two others over and over and over. It got to be so redundant we had to stop going to that pool. In fact, everyone hated it.

Again, if the big screen is used as advertised, 1st run movies played after dark (under the stars) you may like it? But, never, never use the screen to play ANYTHING during the day!

Although we are in the minority, we loved the movies under the stars when we cruised on Princess. There was nothing not to like but if you don't like it stay off the pool deck after dark. They handed out blankets, if it was chilly and pop corn was distributed.

Having said that we went on an 8 day cruise on the Carnival Spendor this past October and hated every minute of the big screen. All day long, for eight days they played concerts of:

Billy Joel, Mariah Carey and one or two others over and over and over. It got to be so redundant we had to stop going to that pool. In fact, everyone hated it.

Again, if the big screen is used as advertised, 1st run movies played after dark (under the stars) you may like it? But, never, never use the screen to play ANYTHING during the day!

Your correct... I probably wouldn't have an issue with it after dark, who would. The issue's stem from all the in your face during the day. If its there will always be temptations by the cruise line to use it for other reasons.

I guess if you want it sail Carnival or Princesses, if you want Flow Rider or ice skating go RCCL you want bowling I think that’s NCL…………………variety is nice:rolleyes:

Edited by going2cruz

Ok got it......music though....maybe movies:confused:

Oh, my! Your are right! I had a senior moment. It is MOVIES, not music. I was listening to a favorite song when I wrote that and I must have been getting a subliminal message to write the word "music". ;)

Your correct... I probably wouldn't have an issue with it after dark, who would. The issue's stem from all the in your face during the day. If its there will always be temptations by the cruise line to use it for other reasons.

I guess if you want it sail Carnival or Princesses, if you want Flow Rider or ice skating go RCCL you want bowling I think that’s NCL…………………variety is nice:rolleyes:

MUTS is for the crowd that needs constant stimulus. These are the people who get bored easily and need to be entertained 24/7. People who have to be on their cell phones all the time, playing games, texting, talking, whatever. They start having withdrawals if they have to rely on just themselves to pass the time. Sitting in a quiet library reading a good book is completely out of the question.

I grew up in an era when quiet and personal time were cherished. In those days standing on a hill taking in the view, listening to the birds and the rustle of the branches in the wind, was something to be enjoyed, not avoided. A "stop to smell the roses" time.

It's a shame that so many people have lost the appreciation for those little pleasures.

Edited by SantaFeFan

Hi Cruisemom!

recently off Silhouette, yes, there is a movie theatre, here's a sample of the schedule from some of the dailies:

Nov 18th: 10:30 pm movie Emperor

Nov 21st: 9:30, Europa Report

Nov 25th: 9 pm, Lone Ranger

I didn't include all the nights, but you get the picture. :D (pathetic pun intended)

Some nights they use the theatre for a late night comedy show, so there's not a movie every evening, but even if there's not one at night, there's almost always one at some point during the day.

Even if he's not into drinking or dancing there's usually some live entertainment in the little ensemble lounge bar area, there are sofas & chairs to sit on & just hang out & relax.

Perfect, thank you for answering!