Egg Crate Toppers and Top Sheet

Deb in Markham

First thank all of you who regularly post here for sharing your wealth of knowledge. I've learned so much and really appreciate it.

I thought I read "somewhere" in this forum (but of course can't find it now) that Princess stopped taking fax requests. Does anyone know if that's true.

If not, who do you fax at Princess? Just their general fax number?

Thanks again for sharing-this is a great resource!

Cheers!

First thank all of you who regularly post here for sharing your wealth of knowledge. I've learned so much and really appreciate it.

I thought I read "somewhere" in this forum (but of course can't find it now) that Princess stopped taking fax requests. Does anyone know if that's true.

If not, who do you fax at Princess? Just their general fax number?

Thanks again for sharing-this is a great resource!

Cheers!

Deb; we normally just call the customer service number and make our request, topper, top sheet, etc. and ask for an email conformation. We were told this last cruise that the topper could be requested however the top sheet needed to be requested from the room steward. Upon arrival and being greeted by the steward, we requested the top sheet and it was done; topper was already on bed.

I don't know about the egg crate pads because I have never needed one.

But I do know about top sheets, because I always request that I have one. I do not pre-request them ...... I just tell the cabin steward that I need one upon first meeting him/her on boarding day, and it is on my bed that night.

Ask and ye shall receive:

Name

Booking Number-

Voyage Number & Cruise ship-

Sail Date -

Cabin Number -

Phone Number -

Web Address -

Fax Transmittal Form

To: Princess Cruises From:

ATTN: Special Services

Fax: 661 284 4885

Please request cabin steward place a mattress topper and a top sheet on queen arrangement bed.

Thank You

I have faxed my request for a topper, topsheet and extra pillows on each of my last 5 cruises and each time the cabin steward reported that he was not notified of my request.

Not a problem tho, since the cabin steward just put the mattress topper and top sheet on when he did the turn down service on the first evening.

I was hopeing to save the cabin steward some time and work since if he/she had been informed of the request for a mattress topper, he/she could have put it on when changing the sheets between cruises.

Name

Booking Number-

Sail Date -

Cabin Number -

Phone Number -

Web Address -

Fax Transmittal Form

Please request cabin steward place a mattress topper and a top sheet on queen arrangement bed.

Thank You

This should be made a sticky!!! Thanks, Stevesan, you couldn't have made it any easier!!!:D

Name

Booking Number-

Sail Date -

Cabin Number -

Phone Number -

Web Address -

Fax Transmittal Form

Thank You

Perfect. I could not have asked for more. Stevesan Rocks! CC Rocks! THANK YOU!!!

i tried to fax 2 different numbers and neither did the job. its always worked for me in the past. maybe i fell through the cracks this time. i called the 1-800 number and they did it right away so it shows up on my personalizer.

i have never been on a cruise with any of the lines where the beds did not automatically have a top sheet! Bottom sheet, top sheet, blanket what other way is there to sleep!

I have never slept in a bed without a top sheet. to me, that is just weird.

Glad I read this thread -- will have to order that top sheet along with the egg crate.

i have never been on a cruise with any of the lines where the beds did not automatically have a top sheet! Bottom sheet, top sheet, blanket what other way is there to sleep!

A top duvet, just as I use at home during Winter.

Last 3 Princess cruises we had to ask for a top sheet. I don't want to even think about settling in for a good night's sleep WITHOUT a top sheet! Who knows what lurks on that comforter??:eek:

I don't think it's worth faxing ahead of time. We always have to ask the cabin steward for a top sheet.

The last time (a suite cabin steward even!) looked at us like we were asking for the moon to be added to our bed. :rolleyes: That was the first time we've ever had a not-so-great cabin steward with Princess. Usually for us, they are absolutely the best and will add the top sheet ASAP.

If you travel (by land) in Europe, you'll find that a duvet without a top sheet is very common.

I know the duvet-only bed is becoming more common, but I hate it--and it's not only on Princess ships.

In the first place, it doesn't feel clean or right. In the second place, with a duvet, after a bit I am roasting, but when you take the duvet off and there is no top sheet, then I am freezing. I actually don't sleep well at all, with just a duvet. They also seem heavy/bulky compared to a blanket.

What I really want is a top sheet and blanket, but haven't got that recently. I always do get a top sheet when I ask.

We sailed the Carribean Princess 9/17/11 & we got a top sheet without asking.

The stewards are there to please, so if it's missing just ask for it. If you want extra towels or hangers, just ask. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the room and the storage space. Hopefully, if your ship is like to Carribean Princess, there's lots of storage space. We do like to bring liquid hand soap. It keeps the bathroom cleaner without all those bars of soap on the vanity top.

It does seem like everyone is going to the Duvet now. Every hotel we have been to for the past year or so has had the Duvet. I agree with you Nebr Cruiser. I don't like it at all. It is much too hot (and heavy) for me. On ships I ask for a sheet and blanket and they have always obliged. In hotels I sleep with a Duvet and my robe spread out as a blanket or I slip the Duvet out of the Duvet cover and use that.

I haven't been in a hotel or on a ship in the last several years that hasn't gone the duvet way, from very hot southeast Asia and the Caribbean to Europe. I agree - they are too hot for me, too. I usually just remove the comforter from the duvet and it is fine with a top sheet.

Name

Booking Number-

Sail Date -

Cabin Number -

Phone Number -

Web Address -

Fax Transmittal Form

Thank You

We used this fax for our recent cruise on the Star and it worked like a charm. If you wait until you board to request this your room steward will have to strip down the bed and re-make it. Just extra work for him or her.

We used this fax for our recent cruise on the Star and it worked like a charm. If you wait until you board to request this your room steward will have to strip down the bed and re-make it. Just extra work for him or her.

I sent the fax last week for our Dec 8 cruise on the Emerald. Will be interesting to see if it works!

Really appreciate the info!!!!

There is the Princess way! Beds like a rock and they are not even flat rocks. People even go as far as bringing air beds and memory fom toppers from home and leaving them there.:eek:

Archived