Azura Glass House

u2cruiser

Hi, I know lots of you enjoy the Glass House. Can someone tell me how it works please? Is it like Ramblas on Ventura, in that you can use it for the £5 surcharge meals? I've seen Libralass's pictures and it looks similar.

What about the wine pairing in there? Is that in the evenings? Do you have to book and how much is it please?

Also, does Azura have separate wine tasting events? Going next week and don't want to miss out on anything ;)

Anyone wanting any info or specific pictures from Azura, give me a shout before I go. :)

There are tapas type meals - 3 dishes for £4.95 or larger meals for different prices from around £3.50 up. There is also the Supper Club which costs £24.95 and has wine pairing - 4 glasses - but this happens only once or twice per cruise and is heavily over subscribed.

You can buy wine flights which consist of 3 glasses.

The food and ambiance are second to none and much as I like Ramblas, this knocks spots off it.

There are tapas type meals - 3 dishes for £4.95 or larger meals for different prices from around £3.50 up. There is also the Supper Club which costs £24.95 and has wine pairing - 4 glasses - but this happens only once or twice per cruise and is heavily over subscribed.

The food and ambiance are second to none and much as I like Ramblas, this knocks spots off it.

That sounds great, thanks cruiseluvva.

One more question - how do you know when the Supper Club is happening and do you book at the restaurant.

Go to the Glasshouse ASAP after boarding and ask about the Supper Club - believe me you won't regret it, it was absolutely superb. They'll even do a veggie meal should you require - they did for me and it was wonderful.

We loved the Glasshouse so much, we ate there on 7 or 8 of our nights on board. Do try Sindhu too - that was out of this world.

Have a fab time.

just come off first cruise ever and we werr on azura loved it I can see that there are some things that willl be better on one than another ship and as a good friend of mine told me who has cruised on loads of ships he loves cruising but he has never found a liner that is 110% either excellent entertainment and not so good food of excellent food and little to do in evenings etc I know I will go again and like one lady said on here azura won a place in my heart as first ever cruise. trying ind of seas in august 2012 but will do azura again year after hopefully

yes the glass house was one of my favourite places food really good and good value lovely during day to relax in comfy chairs and read and we often went there after entertainment for a final night cap and met some lovely interesting people to wind down the evening. didnt try the wines but the display looked good and gleamed in the glass and lights.

enjoy the cruise.

I know it's not much extra money, but a plate of three tapas in Ramblas is only £2.50.

Also, i have to say that in all the pictures I've seen, the Glass House looks very stark; cold, almost. Whereas Ramblas always looked warm and inviting.

I know it's not much extra money, but a plate of three tapas in Ramblas is only £2.50.

Also, i have to say that in all the pictures I've seen, the Glass House looks very stark; cold, almost. Whereas Ramblas always looked warm and inviting.

I would have said that the small dishes on Azura are quite a bit larger than those on Ventura.

Thank you everyone. I will certainly check it out and enquire about booking when we board. :)

Tom, I'll let you know how it compares to Ramblas; I liked it in there very much. I didn't think it was so cheap :confused:. We must have had the 3 courses with a dessert. It was delicious and the wine was so cheap in there.

Tom, I'll let you know how it compares to Ramblas; I liked it in there very much. I didn't think it was so cheap :confused:. We must have had the 3 courses with a dessert. It was delicious and the wine was so cheap in there.

We've only ever had the tapas plate out in the bar, not a meal in the restaurant section.

BUt I agree about the wine: on our last cruise we found a bottle of very pleasant tempranillo at £12.50 (I think), and on previous cruises it was in Ramblas where I discovered Ribera del Duero wines.

U2CRUISER, as we are sailing on the Azura in December, we will really be interested in your opinions about the ship etc.. We did ventura for the month last christmas / new year, and loved it.. This time we have a balcony instead of inside room and we are on B Deck, so any highlights / disappointments would be good to hear,

regards

Buddy:)

U2CRUISER, as we are sailing on the Azura in December, we will really be interested in your opinions about the ship etc.. We did ventura for the month last christmas / new year, and loved it.. This time we have a balcony instead of inside room and we are on B Deck, so any highlights / disappointments would be good to hear,

regards

Buddy:)

Hi Buddy. I loved Ventura and I'm expecting Azura to be very similar.

I think you'll really enjoy your balcony; it's nice to have a tidgy bit of your own space.

I'll come back and let you know how it goes. I doubt there'll be many disappointments other than having to get off at the end :( :D

Haven't been on Ventura but just loved the atmosphere in the Glass House. It is just sooooo relaxing whatever time of day or night you go. We never usually drink during the day but could't resist the Glass House. We loved to pop in after a day ashore, have lunch there on sea days or pre-dinner drinks were a treat. The staff are just lovely and I can thoroughly recommend the Canadian Ice Wine!

No it isnt stark at all. Its modern and chic and well laid out with different seating types. Also liked Ramblas but both are different venues completely.

No it isnt stark at all. Its modern and chic and well laid out with different seating types. Also liked Ramblas but both are different venues completely.

But apparently P&O are replacing Ramblas with the Glass House. Now I can see why. Charge more for food costing the same to prepare.

Roll on the clones and american marketing methods. Get us to pay more for stuff we should be getting free :rolleyes:

Havent been on Azura yet - booked on her twice in 2012 tho!

Does the Glass House work like Cafe Bordeaux etc in that breakfast and lunch are free but at night turns into a pay extra venue or is it something entirely different?

We were on Azura in May this year and wish we had tried the Glass House earlier - I was told to have the lamb burger - Oh my! it was like a sky scraper - I could not finish it and I promise you I love my food. It may sound strange to have a burger on a menu in such a nice ambient place but I have to say it was very nice and very good value - about £5 if I remember correctly - the wine had kicked in somewhere along the line! We also tried 17 - excellent for a special occasion, so much attention to detail and excellent food and service - Sindu we did at lunch time as not a big fan or Indian food but it was enjoyable. I think one of the best and no additional (only for the fillet steak or lobster) is the Verona which turns into an Italian restaurant in the evenings - we did not find this out until the 2nd week and then ate there most evenings - we were told not to tell anyone as it is difficult to get a table. You cannot book just go to the entrance and the head waiter will take your name and give you a time to come back - cannot remember if they used the pager in this one.

We did freedom dining on this cruise for the first time and would always plump for it again - so nice to just go along when you want and if you want to be sociable go for a large table and if not go for a two. The longest we ever waited for a table was 15 mins - they give you a pager and by the time you go out get a pre-dinner drink they are paging you - really would recommend. We on Oriana 31 Oct and hope they put on freedom dining after her refit.

So all in all, on Azura, which have extra cost and which can you go to free, especially for lunch as we are on first sitting in MDR.

Think one year we must try Freedom Dining to give us more options. Have always been bit nervous of it, my husband not keen on waiting around - it makes him grumpy!

So all in all, on Azura, which have extra cost and which can you go to free, especially for lunch as we are on first sitting in MDR.

Think one year we must try Freedom Dining to give us more options. Have always been bit nervous of it, my husband not keen on waiting around - it makes him grumpy!

Sindhu, 17 and the Glass House are chargeable.

Lunch in the buffet and MDR are free as are the Pizza and Burger places on deck. Sindhu do a taster lunch on some days but again at a charge.

Part of the buffet changes into a waiter service Italian at night and is worth a try. Most dishes free with some such as steak are chargeable.

I also have allot of interior photod of Azura that are well woth a look:

http://www.pocruises.com/en-au/Community/Images/My-Image-Galleries/Images/?imageGalleryId=145445&userId=279

I ever used the Glass House for food, but I did turn up for a drink or two before or after a show of an evening.

I also have allot of interior photod of Azura that are well woth a look:

http://www.pocruises.com/en-au/Community/Images/My-Image-Galleries/Images/?imageGalleryId=145445&userId=279

I ever used the Glass House for food, but I did turn up for a drink or two before or after a show of an evening.

Thank you for sharing those pics Sutho. I've been trying not to look at too many Azura pics before I go, now I've ruined it haha!

I'll share the link on our roll call if that's ok with you?

Roll on the clones and american marketing methods. Get us to pay more for stuff we should be getting free :rolleyes:

You can eat on Azura in the MDR, the Buffet or even the Tratattoria, all at no cost. The addition of optional dining for a supplement is seen by many as a positive not a negative.

I cannot find any mention on the P & O web site regarding the Supper Club, please could someone give some more details. e.g. is it a three course meal, are the dishes different to those on the normal Glass House menu, is the wine included in the £24.95 price that was previously mentioned ?

It was a three course meal all presented at table with wine pairings (4 glasses) The menu bears no resemblance to the Glasshouse menu - think Fine Dining instead not Bistro food. It was absolutely superb and I would thoroughly recommend it.

I think it isn't advertised because they often only hold one per cruise - so a maximum of 16 covers. If you are interested, go there and ask about ASAP after boarding.

Archived