Fat Fish Adventures Lobster Diving 1/18/12

Jerzgrl147

Will be in port January 18, 2012. Looking for 2-4 people to join on a Fat Fish Adventures lobstering tour. It is a private tour for 6 people at a set price, so the more people that join the less money per person it is. It will end up being less than their jet ski tour to stingray city. The tour includes a 2 hour lobstering excursion in which you dive for lobsters, or the tour guide will get one for you. Followed by a trip to a beachfront restaurant where your lobsters will be cooked for you to eat along with some local side dishes.

• 3 months later...

Did anyone ever get back to you on this? I'm going to be there the week of Feb. 4th and would like to go out lobstering with others, as well. So, if anyone has an opening, I'd love to join in. :rolleyes:

No one replied to either this post or the one I left in my ships "roll call" thread. We actually ended up switching our excursion to the wave runner tour because I don't like lobster and my boyfriend really wanted to try a wave runner. It was fantastic!! I highly recommend booking with Fat Fish for whichever tour you choose. They are very friendly and know what they are doing. Our excursion included us and one other couple and we had a blast!! It was like a private tour of the waters and worth every penny.

While we were at Stingray City there were a few boats there with their herds of people wading around the waters as their tour guides sat in their boats. Our tour guide, on the other hand, was showing us how to feed, hold, kiss, and receive a back massage from one of the Stingrays he's familiar with. He was also using our camera to take photos of us and using the other couple's camera to take underwater photos and even videos while snorkling (and we saw a lobster!). We had such a great time with Fat Fish that we are making sure our next cruise stops at Grand Cayman so we can use them again!

FYI: While we were driving to the wave runners, we did notice that the price of regular gas was about $5.30, which Peter told us was about $7.00 US. Any watercraft holds much more gas than an automobile, say 150 gallons for the boat. This puts the pricing into perspective considering all they offer involve watercrafts. Whichever excursion you choose from them will be worth the money!!

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering since y'all have done Fat Fish. We're booked on their jet ski tour in less than 3 weeks (HOORAY) and have an 8:30 meeting time. How far is the Hard Rock Cafe from the pier?

It also says ship time is different than island time... HELP!!!

And, it's my understanding that beach bags stay in the locked car, while you can take your money, etc with you to put under the seat. Right?

Thanks so much with helping me with the details!

Shawn

When we went in January the time there was the same as the ship and I remember them saying something about their Daylight Savings Time being different then ours but I can't remember when it switches. The best thing to do would be to shoot them an email and check on the time difference. I got nervous about that also and ended up getting off the boat 2 hours earlier than needed!

The Hard Rock is about a 5 minute walk from the pier. When you get off the pier walk down the street to your right and it will be on your left. Grab a map when your exiting the ship and it will be on there. The only thing you should be cautious with is the time it will take you to tender in. The boats that took us to the pier were running about 5 minutes apart with a 5 minute boat ride. The more cruise ships in port, the longer it will take. There was also one ship (I forget the line) that was not utilizing the ports tender boats but was using their own life boats and they were running much longer, maybe 15 minutes to a half hour. Also factor in how long it will take you to actually get off the ship onto the tender. I'm assuming your ship gets in to port at 7, around 8 is when everyone else will want to get off the boat as well. If anything happens that will make you miss your pick up time call FatFish. Peter will be at the Hard Rock on time and waits no longer than 10 minutes.

The waverunner has a small compartment that you will be able to store your money, camera and sunglasses in and everything else stays in the front of the van. There is always someone watching the van.

I hope this helps! Have fun!

Amanda

I just emailed her, and her response was after March 11th (when we spring forward), grand cayman will be on central standard time.... I guess when we fall back they again match with the ship

I don't think she means Central Standard Time, since Cayman is always on Eastern Standard Time.

What she likely means is that in the winter, Cayman time matches Miami (Eastern) time, and in the summer, Cayman time matches Chicago (Central) time. This is because the US has moved to Daylight Savings Time and Cayman hasn't.

Archived