PR Rooms

Doughboy

Has anybody every had a Promenade room. It would be nice to be able to people watch right from your window. We have one on hold and I am trying to figure out if it is really what we want. I'm wondering if others can look right into your room from across the boat. We are on 8. What are your thoughts?

Has anybody every had a Promenade room. It would be nice to be able to people watch right from your window. We have one on hold and I am trying to figure out if it is really what we want. I'm wondering if others can look right into your room from across the boat. We are on 8. What are your thoughts?

From what I have read, if you want privacy you MUST close the curtains or whoever is across from you can see right in. For instance, getting out of the shower and coming out into the cabin can be very revealing if those curtains arent closed :eek:

I too am in a deck 8 PR cabin next April on Freedom. Im actually looking forward to it......Watching the parade from my cabin will be much better as I hear the Promenade gets very crowded during that time and Im in a wheelchair.

Yes, they can see right across the way into your cabin if your curtains are open. So if you're prancing around your cabin in your birthday suit with the curtains open you will be giving those across the way from you a free show! :eek:

When we were on Mariner on Deck 7 I saw people changing their clothes on Deck 6 AND Deck 7 across the way.

My wife and I have had a Promenade cabin on three cruises and have one again next May. Deck 8 is the best. It really is good to be able to watch what is going on on the Promenade, especially some of the parades. Yes, the folks on the opposite side can see into your room so you will need to close the curtains if you want privacy. However, it is just so much better to have a window looking out than a standard inside cabin where you can feel closed in.

Fred

I too am in a deck 8 PR cabin next April on Freedom. Im actually looking forward to it......Watching the parade from my cabin will be much better as I hear the Promenade gets very crowded during that time and Im in a wheelchair.

Deck 8 is a bit far up. Plus, it's a lot more fun down on the Promenade in the midst of all the fun. Do yourself a favor and get down there at least an hour early and park yourself outside one of the bars. You'll be grateful that you did.

If I remember correctly there are two sets of curtains ..... one being the full black out panels and the other sheers. We usually just keep the sheers closed , no one can see in but it still allows the light to come in making the room feel move open. We have stayed in two PR and loved both of them. 1 on the Mariner & 1 on the Liberty! We have on booked again on the Mariner for the 1st week of December on deck 7! We like deck 7 over the cafe promenade. Easy trip down for coffee & snack!

People can see in through the sheer curtains if the light is on in the room. :)

If I remember correctly there are two sets of curtains ..... one being the full black out panels and the other sheers. We usually just keep the sheers closed , no one can see in but it still allows the light to come in making the room feel move open. We have stayed in two PR and loved both of them. 1 on the Mariner & 1 on the Liberty! We have on booked again on the Mariner for the 1st week of December on deck 7! We like deck 7 over the cafe promenade. Easy trip down for coffee & snack!

I'm afraid you're wrong.................... you can see through those sheer curtains.

The room configuration is awkward because of the window. You need a traffic light to get by the bed & we weren't that happy trying to view the parade from the room. There seems to be more that you don't see, than you do.

I just had a PR room on the EOS and loved it. We also kept our sheers closed thinking nobody could see us. I realized I was wrong when I looked out one evening, and I could see a woman in a room across the way. She had her sheers closed, but I could see that she was sitting on her bed in her underwear. Needless to say, both sets of curtains were closed in our room for the remainder of the trip.

I always had balconys but my kids wanted to try a promenade. I got two connecting promenades on Freedom and thought it was very cool. My kids loved it and would pick that over a balcony. We thought deck seven was perfect. Up a little so no noise from the promenade and not too high so we had a good view. I picked a mid ship location so we could see most

of the activity on the promenade. I could see how you would miss a lot

if you were near the ends. The seat in the bay window was a big hit

with my kids. I thought there was plenty of room for two people and the window really gave it an open feeling.

If the choice is between a balcony and a promenade I would take a balcony and my kids a promenade. If the choice is between an inside and a promenade then for me it would be a no brainer, promenade all the way.

Deck 8 is a bit far up. Plus, it's a lot more fun down on the Promenade in the midst of all the fun. Do yourself a favor and get down there at least an hour early and park yourself outside one of the bars. You'll be grateful that you did.

thank you for the suggestion :)

Agree with others, keep the curtains closed if you're not decent! Booked our second Promenade room for Thanksgiving cruise. We picked Deck 7 again. It is close enough to see everything but far away enough from the noise. Very handy to elevators and the Cafe. Enjoy!

Archived