Question about Mercury's Seattle/Alaska route

RubyLee

I noticed that, on Celebrity's website, the route northward Mercury is scheduled to take from Seattle to Juneau is mostly on the outside of Vancouver Island and other various islands. Since this route is exposed to the open ocean should I stock up on extra seasickness remedies?

On my last Alaska cruise we left out of Vancouver and cruised the inside passage both ways and acupressure bands worked fine on the very minor discomfort I felt.

Thanks in advance,

Jinny

Mercury - Alaska countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;6;24;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Yes, you should. If you haven't already done so, do some research on motion sickness and preventative measures you can take to avoid mal de mer (sea sickness).

The inside passage is very protected compared to the West coast of Vancouver Island.

You may want to take some Seasick pills with you, but my two trips from Seattle to Alaska on the outside were completely calm, which is standard for June, July and Aug. If there is a strom in the North Pacific, you can get 10-12 foot waves. Actually we only had 2 days in the open ocean, the balance was in protected waters.

Archived