Labadee Beaches....

callaghan0416

I haven't been but after doing a lot of research, from what I can tell, Nellie's Beach is just sort of "there". They haven't really done anything with it and I can't tell if it even has beach chairs on it.

We are getting married there in a few months and I've been trying to figure out the best beach to have the wedding... I think we're just going to have to play it by ear when we get there because it's SO hard to find information on Labadee post-pier.

If there aren't loungers where you want them, the "beach boys" will bring them...bring a couple of bucks for a tip.

I think waiting until you're there is a good idea....what was a "secluded" area on one sailing, may not be on the next!

I haven't been but after doing a lot of research, from what I can tell, Nellie's Beach is just sort of "there". They haven't really done anything with it and I can't tell if it even has beach chairs on it.

We are getting married there in a few months and I've been trying to figure out the best beach to have the wedding... I think we're just going to have to play it by ear when we get there because it's SO hard to find information on Labadee post-pier.

Getting married on Labadee :confused::confused:

I have been to Labadee 3 times and never heard of this option..Details please.

Um... well, the plan is to walk off the boat and be married in front of our friends and family on one of the beaches. As for why you've never heard of this option... well, I don't think "Wedding in Labadee" is on the normal shore excursion offerings.

Um... well, the plan is to walk off the boat and be married in front of our friends and family on one of the beaches. As for why you've never heard of this option... well, I don't think "Wedding in Labadee" is on the normal shore excursion offerings.

Sorry if my question has apparently upset you..and NO I wouldn't expect it to be on the shore excursion list :rolleyes:..I've just never heard of this RCI wedding option before and wanted to know the details.. Why so defensive?? After all this "is" a question & answer forum..You ask a question and most on this board would answer it without the need for such sarcasim.......Good luck on your wedding plans....

Sorry if my question has apparently upset you..and NO I wouldn't expect it to be on the shore excursion list :rolleyes:..I've just never heard of this RCI wedding option before and wanted to know the details.. Why so defensive?? After all this "is" a question & answer forum..You ask a question and most on this board would answer it without the need for such sarcasim.......Good luck on your wedding plans....

I wasn't quite sure what your question was. I mean, Labadee clearly has a wedding location (near Dragon's Breath Point) that all of my friend's who have been there have seen, so if you've been there three times you probably just never went to that area to see it. It's not the most popular location but it's offered in the Royal Romance Brochure as well as numerous mentions on the RCI website.

Here's what's included as per the RCI brochure:

Royal Romance can arrange a shoreside Vow Renewal Ceremony on Labadee, Haiti—Royal Caribbean’s own private beach cordoned off from the rest of the island; and the rest of the world. Imagine you and your partner taking the plunge all over again in a shoreside excursion at the romantic and secluded Dragon’s Point Beach. A concealed sanctuary for our passengers to secretly enjoy its tranquil beauty. Learn about the Island’s rich history and local culture, or simply do nothing – it’s your day.

• Two (2) hours maximum of pre-planning with a Royal Romance Wedding Consultant prior to the wedding*

• Ideal ceremony location shoreside at Dragon’s Point

• Memorable ceremony performed by your ship’s Cruise Program Administrator

• Simple, elegant bridal bouquet consisting of 3 ivory roses accented with greenery, a crisp neatly tied white ribbon adds the finishing touch**

• Groom’s boutonniere with single matching bloom

• Keepsake Royal Romance vow renewal certificate

• Royal Romance chocolate covered strawberries for the bridal couple delivered to your stateroom

• Bottle of sparkling wine delivered to your stateroom

• Professional shipboard photography service for the ceremony and sparkling wine toast (one hour). Photos are not included.

But since I do NOT want to get married by the Cruise Program Administrator (which, btw RCI, is that really the best you can offer?) and since we don't need a photographer, flowers of any sort, and I'm allergic to chocolate this package wasn't really for us. Instead we're having a private ceremony performed by my sister-in-law.

I wasn't quite sure what your question was. I mean, Labadee clearly has a wedding location (near Dragon's Breath Point) that all of my friend's who have been there have seen, so if you've been there three times you probably just never went to that area to see it. It's not the most popular location but it's offered in the Royal Romance Brochure as well as numerous mentions on the RCI website.

Here's what's included as per the RCI brochure:

Royal Romance can arrange a shoreside Vow Renewal Ceremony on Labadee, Haiti—Royal Caribbean’s own private beach cordoned off from the rest of the island; and the rest of the world. Imagine you and your partner taking the plunge all over again in a shoreside excursion at the romantic and secluded Dragon’s Point Beach. A concealed sanctuary for our passengers to secretly enjoy its tranquil beauty. Learn about the Island’s rich history and local culture, or simply do nothing – it’s your day.

• Two (2) hours maximum of pre-planning with a Royal Romance Wedding Consultant prior to the wedding*

• Ideal ceremony location shoreside at Dragon’s Point

• Memorable ceremony performed by your ship’s Cruise Program Administrator

• Simple, elegant bridal bouquet consisting of 3 ivory roses accented with greenery, a crisp neatly tied white ribbon adds the finishing touch**

• Groom’s boutonniere with single matching bloom

• Keepsake Royal Romance vow renewal certificate

• Royal Romance chocolate covered strawberries for the bridal couple delivered to your stateroom

• Bottle of sparkling wine delivered to your stateroom

• Professional shipboard photography service for the ceremony and sparkling wine toast (one hour). Photos are not included.

But since I do NOT want to get married by the Cruise Program Administrator (which, btw RCI, is that really the best you can offer?) and since we don't need a photographer, flowers of any sort, and I'm allergic to chocolate this package wasn't really for us. Instead we're having a private ceremony performed by my sister-in-law.

I guess during the times I've been there no ceremony was booked or I would have noticed. Then RCI is only offering a vow renewal not an actual wedding ? Will the marriage be legal or will you have to legalize it once on land ? Seems like a great location/idea..that RCI could utilize for actual weddings..something very different...Best of luck and congratulations...

Just returned for Labadee and I was surprised how nice it was. They have made alot of improvements since I was last there.We were on the ocean side and the only thing I can say negative is that it was alittle rocky. The beach was beautiful. They had lounge chairs and tents that were free, just tip them.

I guess during the times I've been there no ceremony was booked or I would have noticed. Then RCI is only offering a vow renewal not an actual wedding ? Will the marriage be legal or will you have to legalize it once on land ? Seems like a great location/idea..that RCI could utilize for actual weddings..something very different...Best of luck and congratulations...

We have decided to separate our religious ceremony from our legal ceremony. We were going to do the whole thing on St. Martaan or Grand Cayman but it wasn't going to work out that some of his family could attend (his sister announced she was pregnant and due the week before the cruise halfway through planning) so we compromised and decided to have our religious ceremony on the cruise since so many people had already been told about the cruise idea and were looking forward to it, and then do a legal ceremony with his family back home. It actually made things WAY easier since I'm divorced and the Caribbean really makes second marriages difficult for women for some reason and I was already encountering a ton of issues trying to get a marriage license (St. Martaan flat out refused to issue us one, even!).

Frankly, I like it better this way. I can have my ceremony performed by a family member and not a stranger!

• 3 years later...

We're a bit confused/concerned/hopeful about the "site" ourselves. We're heading there in April to get married and apparently RCCL's photos of the site were "corrupted".

Any review or estimate of where this actually is would be greatly appreciated since we haven't seen the site we're going to having the ceremony at.