Cape Liberty video

138east

Found this on another forum - credits to Jimbo for posting it.

Worth seeing if you are having trouble visualizing Cape Liberty. Someone asked recently about how to get to the 911 Memorial - this video goes there first and then circles back to the terminal area - be sure to watch it to the end.

It was taken with the Summit in port, but absolutely no traffic - I've never seen Cape Liberty so deserted. It will not look like this video the day you sail!!

138East,

How goes it? Had enough Red Sox Chicken and Beer talk???

I'm confused. We leave from Port Liberty in about 4 weeks for our 11/18 Silhouette cruise. We were going to drive down the day before and stay at Springhill Suites and park there. However, now, due to some work issues, we need to drive down the day of our cruise on Friday the 18th from Boston.

We cruised once before out of Port Liberty but shared a car and driver with some other friends from CT. So we didn't have to park and just got dropped off at the terminal.

This time we are driving and parking at the port. Where I am confused from this video is where you go when arriving to park and then board the ship. Is the "9/11 Memorial Park" where you park and then get the shuttle to the terminal? Or do you stay left where on the video they go right to the park.

Ok, watched it again and now I remember the "quonset hut" where we got dropped off. So, do we go there and drop off checked luggage and then proceed to a parking area where we park the car and take our carry on luggage to a shuttle bus?

Ok, watched it again and now I remember the "quonset hut" where we got dropped off. So, do we go there and drop off checked luggage and then proceed to a parking area where we park the car and take our carry on luggage to a shuttle bus?

yes,....follow the traffic to drop your stuff...then you can go park NOT where the memorial is, that is for lack of a better term, 'special'..as in for the memorial and people doing business on the ships...(vendors, visitors, etc..)

you will then walk back to the terminal (i think there are parking shuttles, but i never park there..) check in and wait for the buses to the ship!

have fun!

Yes - the video folks took a detour to the 911 Memorial, which was nice because we get a lot of questions about how to get there. However, where they turned right to go to the memorial, you would go left to the terminal. No chance of getting lost - just follow the traffic. You drop your luggage off at the tents and continue on making a left and another left between the buildings to the parking (pre-pay). Then you walk back to the terminal, go through security, go through check-in, and then into a lounge from which you will get on the shuttle bus.

The buses are fine - it's a quick trip across the tarmac to the ship. People complain, but I don't get it. You wouldn't want to walk it and it's not safe with all the trucks coming in to restock the ship. If you've even flown in Europe and taken a bus out to the plane, it's very similar.

Where are you coming from around Boston? Do you have the cars only directions through NY? What time are you leaving?

Archived