Elite

jamesnnb

I agree. I think that Princess would be very hesitant to reduce the existing benefits. They might create a new "super Elite" category for persons with over 300, 500 or even 1000 days and give them some additional perks.

Any amount of days for additional Elite category would be a nice incentive to shoot for even if only for a few simple extra perks (like brewed coffee). ;)

Is there a limit on the number of times you can have your laundry done? We will be in Disney for 5 days prior to our 10 day cruise so plan on having or doing laundry as soon as we board. We have been on the Emerald 3 times so no need to scout out the ship.

Since it takes 24 hours to get your laundry back thought it might be just as fast to do my own.

ClaudiaJ

While you can certainly get your laundry done quicker if you do it yourself, I find having Princess do it so valuable because it doesn't take time away from my vacation. I've always been fine with waiting for Princess, and using the time I'd spend doing laundry doing other things (or just doing nothing).

Concerning laundry. Does Princess still offer Dry cleaning? I had heard that they dropped the dry cleaning. If so how do they clean suits and other such items that should not be laundered? We have the perk but have never used it I have heard stories of items coming back damaged or shrunk. I'm a bit afraid. God knows we only have so many cloths to wear and if one of them gets un usuable I'm dead in the water. :)

Concerning laundry. Does Princess still offer Dry cleaning? I had heard that they dropped the dry cleaning. If so how do they clean suits and other such items that should not be laundered? We have the perk but have never used it I have heard stories of items coming back damaged or shrunk. I'm a bit afraid. God knows we only have so many cloths to wear and if one of them gets un usuable I'm dead in the water. :)

The Sapphire had dry cleaning on our sailing just a few weeks ago. I used it and my wool pants looked great. I have not experienced any damage or shrinking and have used the elite dry cleaning service often.

What is the PRESENT status of procuring Elite status now. In the pass it was 15 completed cruises. Is it presently not 150 sea days????? wavtam

You atttain Elite status by completing 15 cruises or at least 150 days at sea. Whichever comes first. In the case of number of days, the status change is effectiove at the end of the cruise where you reach 150.

You atttain Elite status by completing 15 cruises or at least 150 days at sea. Whichever comes first. In the case of number of days, the status change is effectiove at the end of the cruise where you reach 150.

I was going to start a thread on a status question, but this seems to be a good place to ask. Sorry if it's a bit of a hijack.

I have done 2 Princess cruises - one of them as a solo, so I have 3 credits. I have 2 future cruises booked next October - a back to back - also solos, so I'll get 4 credits, for a total of 7. Does that mean that I will be Platinum on my second cruise of the b2b? This occurred to me last night and I'm hoping that the answer is yes! :confused:

Maureen

If the b2b is booked as two cruises, that is you have two booking numbers, then the status update will occur at the end of the first leg. You will then have 5 cruise credits and become Platinum for the second seg. This will give you the internet credit, access to the eveing lounge (if offered) and access to the preferred debarkation lounge and the end of the cruise.

If the b2b is booked as two cruises, that is you have two booking numbers, then the status update will occur at the end of the first leg. You will then have 5 cruise credits and become Platinum for the second seg. This will give you the internet credit, access to the eveing lounge (if offered) and access to the preferred debarkation lounge and the end of the cruise.

Smiling from ear-to-ear! :D Thanks for your prompt answer.

Hope someone can tell me what happens to your 'perks status' if you turn elite mid-cruise? Do you have to wait until the end of the cruise to get your black card? Has anyone tried to be upgraded mid cruise? The cruise in question will be a 24-day one.

I suspect we will have to wait until the end of the cruise.

Hope someone can tell me what happens to your 'perks status' if you turn elite mid-cruise? Do you have to wait until the end of the cruise to get your black card? Has anyone tried to be upgraded mid cruise? The cruise in question will be a 24-day one.

I suspect we will have to wait until the end of the cruise.

Unless you booked 2 segments separately it's counted as one cruise & you'll have to wait till the end of the trip to get your new status.

I have done 2 Princess cruises - one of them as a solo, so I have 3 credits. I have 2 future cruises booked next October - a back to back - also solos, so I'll get 4 credits, for a total of 7. Does that mean that I will be Platinum on my second cruise of the b2b? This occurred to me last night and I'm hoping that the answer is yes! :confused:

Yes, at the completion of the first segment you should qualify. During the first segment, talk with the onboard Captain's Circle hostess to be sure that it does happen for the second segment.

Yes, at the completion of the first segment you should qualify. During the first segment, talk with the onboard Captain's Circle hostess to be sure that it does happen for the second segment.

Thank you so much. Now, I just have to remember that for a year! (Bet I have no trouble remembering it. Can't remember my kids' names half the time, but this I will remember.)

Maureen

Thank you so much. Now, I just have to remember that for a year! (Bet I have no trouble remembering it. Can't remember my kids' names half the time, but this I will remember.)

Maureen

At the begining of each cruise, you will get a letter from the Captains Circle host outlining your benefits. Also, you card will be color coded for your status.

At the begining of each cruise, you will get a letter from the Captains Circle host outlining your benefits. Also, you card will be color coded for your status.

It is unlikely that the card for the second segment will be the correct color for the new status as the ship's computers will not have the new status yet.

The poster will have to have the Captain's Circle hostess make the appropriate computer change and then the poster can go to the purser's desk for the correct color cards.

does anyone know where I can go to request the bar set up. We requested what we wanted about 3 years ago, last year I could not locate on their website where to do it but asked our room steward to just change out the stuff-but it would be easier to have it done ahead of time if possible.

Claudiaj

We were elite for the first time on our last cruise and found the bar set up already in our cabin when we boarded. Since we don't drink alcohol we found it very easy to call room service and have all the mini bottles traded out for soda and water. We had requested this online in My Princess ahead of time but it was not done. Calling room service was very easy and fast.

Free laundry was AWESOME! Next cruise I will pack MUCH less, but wanted to see how it all worked first on this cruise and we were pleasantly surprised with how well the garments came out from the ship's laundry!

I can't wait until we can enjoy the benefits as well.

BTW, what's the composition of the mini-bar?

Elite minibar is 8 mini borrles, usually two each of gin, vodka, canadian club and cognac. Lately some have had scotch instead of canadian. You can trade what you don't want for equal number what you do. So we swapped to wind up with 8 scotches.

Plus 12 bottles cans of sodas, water & beer. Usually 2 beer, two perrier, 2 bottles water, two coke, two tonic and two sprite. You can swap these also. So we swapped all 12 for a dozen sprite zero.

You can trade the minis for sodas, but not the other way.

You can also trade the whole thing for a bottle of wine.

Archived