First time on Celebrity, Just a Few Quick Questions

hcs81m

I'm celebrating my 40th birthday on the Millennium next week. It is my 7th cruise, but first time on Celebrity. It will also be my girlfriend's first cruise.

1. What night is formal night on the 4 day Western Caribbean itinerary?

2. Are there same day dry cleaning services available?

3. My girlfriend loves blueberry pancakes and peach cobbler, will she be able to find either of them on the cruise?

4. Do they serve lobster on the four day cruises?

5. Does anyone have any suggestions for excursions on our stop in Key West?

Thank you in advance for your answers and suggestions.

I'm celebrating my 40th birthday on the Millennium next week. It is my 7th cruise, but first time on Celebrity. It will also be my girlfriend's first cruise.

1. What night is formal night on the 4 day Western Caribbean itinerary?

2. Are there same day dry cleaning services available?

3. My girlfriend loves blueberry pancakes and peach cobbler, will she be able to find either of them on the cruise?

4. Do they serve lobster on the four day cruises?

5. Does anyone have any suggestions for excursions on our stop in Key West?

Thank you in advance for your answers and suggestions.

1. I think your pretty safe that it will be day 2, your day in Key West.

2. They do have same day services but it is usually charged 50% more than regular service. The FAQ question on the web site appears not to be working at this time.

3. If I remember correctly they do have blueberry pancakes but not sure about the peach cobbler. Each ship is different to a certain extent though.

4. Don't know about the lobster on a 4 day.

5. I don't know what you are looking for in an excursion or if you have been to Key West. We enjoyed the catmaran trip with snorkeling. If you have never been there I would do one of the trolley tours to show you the city. Just walking around is fun as everyone has the best Key Lime Pie and every bar was Ernest Hemingways favorite bar.

Also, the Truman summer White House is nice for a quick tour.

Re: the pancakes and the peach cobbler , I don't remember seeing either one but I could be mistaken. However, sometimes the ship will do special orders if arranged in advance. You might speak to the maitre d' early in the cruise, and they may be able to produce those items just for you, later in your cruise. I have actually never tried this, but a number of posters here have said that they have and the items appeared.

Re: the pancakes and the peach cobbler , I don't remember seeing either one but I could be mistaken. However, sometimes the ship will do special orders if arranged in advance. You might speak to the maitre d' early in the cruise, and they may be able to produce those items just for you, later in your cruise. I have actually never tried this, but a number of posters here have said that they have and the items appeared.

Absoulutely and I think this might have a better chance in the Main Dining room than the buffet.

Begin by walking to the Southern-most point in the Untied States for a photo op. A nice walk early in the morning. Then work your way back to the ship. Here are some of my favorites, not in any order:

Ernest Hemmingway's house has a neat tour, plus it has the six-toes cats all over the place! If you're a cat-lover, this is a must-do! About $12 admissions, I think.

The Keno sandal factory has hand-made sandals priced very low, about $15. They are very comfortable and long-wearing. I buy a pair every time I go!

The city cemetery is very interesting. Funny epitaphs such as "I told you I was sick.":rolleyes:

Also, Key West is just a good place to walk around and look at the pretty houses and the people. One of my favorite stops!

If you are into Bars - Irish Kevins is outstanding. If you are a parrot head, then you need to stop in Capt Tony's. It's a hole in the wall in every sense of the word, but its neat to see the place Buffett got his start at.

My favorite place in Key West is B.O.'s Fish Wagon. Looks like a dump; but the best fish sandwich I have ever had; especially if you can get the Grouper - Blackened. It is only a couple blocks walk from the pier.

Please post a review after your trip - I am interested to hear about your experiences as we are sailing the Millie in Nov!

We'll be at Hogs Breath in Key West on 10/28 (via Millenium), during Fantasy Fest. I believe they are having a bloody mary special in the morning. They usually have live music early in the day too. We'll be there right after I get my pair or two of sandals at Kino's!!!

We did the 4 night cruise on Oct. 13-17th. The formal night is the second night of the cruise. That is the day that you will be in Key West and need to be back on the ship by 1PM. We rented a two person motor scooter in Key West to tour the entire town. This was our second visit there, the first time we just walked it. The scooter was a lot of fun and we were able to cover a lot of territory in a short amount of time and do some shopping and snag a piece of pie.

Archived