Bon Voyage Experience

argenta01

We went on the BVE yesterday in NY on the Caribbean Princess. It was great! I would highly recommend it. We were the very first people aboard at 11am. Since we had been on the ship before, we did not need to hang around for the tour. We were able to stay aboard until 3:30pm. We each got a souvenir photo taken when we boarded, which we picked up at the photo area before we disembarked.

Had a nice lunch in the dining room with a glass of wine that was included in the $39 price. Someone in our group did not drink wine and they gladly brought them a Heineken. We also ordered cappucinos after lunch throughly expecting to pay for them, but to our surprise we got them for free. We did pay for drinks we got later on at one of the bars. We used our cruise card and the charge will show up on our credit card statement.

One nice thing was the ability to buy FCC's while onboard. After our friends toured the ship they decided to buy a FCC. They have never cruised before. You will also get the $39 refunded back off the price of a cruise if you book within 3 months of the BVE.

The only down side was having to get off the ship before it sailed. :(

Thanks for the post. We are bringing our son and his husband onboard this Saturday. What is an FCC?:confused:

Pax et bonum,

Kevin

Future Cruise Credits are used as a deposit on any cruise booked within the next four years. If unused, it's refundable for the total amount, $100.

FCCs can be purchased only on board. Appplication forms are available at the Cruise Sales representative's office, usually on Plaza Deck. Return the completed form to that office. $100 will be debited to your on board account. You'll recieve a confirmation letter, usually the next day.

The credit while on a cruise booked with a future cruise deposit depends on length. The following is per person:

7-9 days: $25 for inside categories $50 for outside.

10-15 days: $75 and $100

16+ days: $25 and $150

Since your friends bought the FCC, was that considered "booking" within three months so that they got their money back?

The FCC has nothing to do with booking a cruise to get the $39 from the BVE back. Booking means you actually get a booking number, an FCC is open ended - no booking number. Even if you didn't have a FCC you would get $39 off the price of a cruise booked anytime up to 90 days after the BVE. It is showing right now as a $39 credit under my cruise credits in the personalizer. I went in and did a fake booking and it automatically applied the $39 to it.

We had confirmation of the FCC in our emails this morning! :D

If you happen to live near a port, it is a really fun day activity. You would pay more than $39 pp for a 4 course dinner with wine in a nice restaurant.

Argenta- Thanks for the information. I did not know you could book an FCC while onboard. That is good to know. Also, did you know anyone onboard or did you just book the Bon Voyage experience on your own?

No, we did not know anyone on that sailing. We just called the 1-800-PRINCESS number and asked for the Bon Voyage Experience. They transferred us to the dept that handles that exclusively. You need to book at least 7 days in advance. They allow a maximum of 50 guests per sailing. We only had 9 on our experience. Just be sure to be there early. Everyone on the BVE needs to board at the same time with the Future Cruise Consultant as your guide. Don't want to miss any valuable time on the ship. ;):D

We have friends who have never cruised and were really interested in seeing a cruise ship. We are cruise junkies so we jumped at the opportunity to go aboard for any reason. ;)

Our friends were amazed at the size and all the services available. Since we got on really early the stewards were not quite finished making up the rooms. We were able to see a room in every category, including most of the aft balconies. We showed them a Baja balcony vs a Caribe. It was really helpful for them in deciding what type of room to book.

If you ever go with non-cruisers, be sure to sign them up as referrals in the Captain Circle before booking the BVE. This way in case they book a cruise you will both get $25 off your next cruise.

FCCs can be purchased only on board. Appplication forms are available at the Cruise Sales representative's office, usually on Plaza Deck. Return the completed form to that office. $100 will be debited to your on board account. You'll recieve a confirmation letter, usually the next day.

The $100 will not be charged to your onboard account. It will instead be charged immediately to the credit card you used for your onboard account, although you do have the option of using a different credit card.

I brought my daughter with me for the BVE. I was sailing. It was hard to say good bye to her when she had to get off! We had a great time, doing nothing.

I didn't realize that you could do it on your own, without going with someone who was sailing. Heck, I would have gone up to Brooklyn a few times this summer and visited some of my friends who work onboard had I known that!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived