So I am a HUGE coffee snob :(

Dee777

This thread has me thinking about taking my AeroPress. It produces an amazing cup of coffee and I could fit it, along with 3/4 of a pound of coffee or so, in my sneakers.

However, can anyone confirm that the Elation has a coffee shop ? And is it any good ?

TIA ......

BTW, the AeroPress sorta cleans itself when you use it; you then eject the used compacted grounds into the trash without ever touching them.

Coffee snob here as well, although I wouldn't consider Starbucks or Caribou good coffee - buy my own green beans to roast.....

Never found the coffee on board to be undrinkable but adding some Via does tend to help if I am feeling a bit...particular that morning....

What some great ideas! Coffee snob my be- although I do adjust in situations. I dont particularly like Starbucks , but dont roast my own beans either. I found a great coffee at Costco recently MAYORGA- its really good. I think I will be grinding and pressing on my upcoming cruise- Never would have thought about doing this.

we are heavy coffee drinkers, we have always found that the coffee on board is just very weak, on our last cruise on the Liberty, we actually took a thing of Maxwell house instant coffee, we'd order the caraf` of coffee and added a few tbs of the maxwell house instant coffee, yes it wasn't the best coffee but much better then what it was, it's just a cheap and EASY way to make it drinkable, lol

Costco wholesale sells the Starbucks via. I'm sure the price would be better than buying it at Starbucks...I'm not a fan of cruise coffee either so thanks for this suggestion!

$15.99 for 24 single serve packets of Via

Archived