Three Adults: Inside/Midship/Trundle or Bottom/Aft/Upper?

kcmom

I think the subject line says it all. My dear brother and sister-in-law have invited me on an inexpensive cruise next spring. Our first option is an inside cabin with a trundle bed. I've searched/read about trundles and I'm just not sure what to do. We're all pretty average-sized people, but certainly not small and we are all over 45! The cabin is mid-ship and mid-deck. It truly is a trundle and not a roll-away according to the carnival representative.

My brother has some issues with sea sickness. I'm fine and my sister-in-law does well also. We have all cruised before.

Anyway, the second option is an ocean-view but aft and on the bottom deck. It has a pull-down bed.

Advice, please?

I think the subject line says it all. My dear brother and sister-in-law have invited me on an inexpensive cruise next spring. Our first option is an inside cabin with a trundle bed. I've searched/read about trundles and I'm just not sure what to do. We're all pretty average-sized people, but certainly not small and we are all over 45! The cabin is mid-ship and mid-deck. It truly is a trundle and not a roll-away according to the carnival representative.

My brother has some issues with sea sickness. I'm fine and my sister-in-law does well also. We have all cruised before.

Anyway, the second option is an ocean-view but aft and on the bottom deck. It has a pull-down bed.

Advice, please?

How far aft??

I would take the upper bed before I would take the trundle or rollaway. It just takes up way too much floor space.

Being low is good- especially for someone who gets sea sick

If it were me, I'd get a second job, have a garage sale, anything to earn some extra cash to get a second cabin. I love my sister to pieces and would share a cabin with her and I, but no way would I share a cabin with her and my husband.

No way would I want to share a cabin with a couple.

Not merely because of the beds, but sharing the bathroom and just privacy overall.

Archived