Galveston Parking Instructions

jtwanabe

I did Lighthouse Parking - pavement in the lot is a bit rough, but they are carport type parking spaces, shuttle, etc. I used them last week and will use them again in January. Go to http://www.lighthouseparking.org/ I prepaid on-line using a credit card. Printed out the directions on how to get there and my receipt. Easy!

If you pack light, www.galvestonparkncruise.com is directly across the street from the entrance to the port. You have to walk to it with your luggage, but it is a short walk and they offer indoor parking.

Enjoy your cruise!

We used this parking last May for our cruise. The walk wasn't that far and we were off the ship and driving home in 10 mins. It was that fast. We parked indoors too.

If you pack light, www.galvestonparkncruise.com is directly across the street from the entrance to the port. You have to walk to it with your luggage, but it is a short walk and they offer indoor parking.

Enjoy your cruise!

We used them Oct 9th~ DH dropped me off with luggage at port, drove across the street and parked~ while I got a porter to take the luggage away and then met him at the door with our carryon's~ very easy! Also from the time I got into the customs line coming home to the time we were driving away~ 18 minutes!

I agree with galvestonparkncruise we have used them twice, they have a golf cart and will give you ride to the edge of their property which puts you across the street from the cruise pier, maybe a 2 - 3 minute walk with your bags (you will walk more than that inside the terminal building getting to the ship), also you can drop off your checked bags before parking along with a passenger to stay with the carry ons is you want.

We used Galvestonparkncruise parking too. Dropped all the bags off at the pier with the group and 2 of us went and parked the 2 vehicles (inside an old shop type building) rode the golf cart back to the street and walked to the terminal entrance and met the rest of our party. Made reservations online and got a $5 discount. When the ship got back, 2 of us walked over to get the cars and went back to the pier to pick up our people and luggage. Beats the heck out of waiting for a shuttle bus. Will use them again Dec 1st.

I don't know if you are a disabled Veteran or not but Port of Galveston has free parking for disabled Veteran's. You just need to show them your VA Card. We have never had to pay for parking. And, there are quite a few hotels that will allow you to leave your vehicle in their parking lot and will shuttle you to the pier. There are lots of options.

We have used both EZcruise parking and GalvestonParknCruise and they are both good. On GalvestonParknCruise we dropped off our luggage at the pier with a porter and then drove over parked the car in the indoor parking and just walked back to the pier to board(my DW and I both use a cane) very easy.

Have used both EZCruise and Lighthouse. BOTH were great choices. Booked online in advance and just showed up.

The only drawback to EZCruise is if you end up in their remote lot. Happened to us once when we were on the Ecstasy. Took an extra 30 minutes or so to get to the terminal as we had to "line up" convoy fashion and drive a few blocks further away from the pier. Not a huge problem, just not expected. Will probably use lighthouse next cruise up...hubby likes the carport cover. LOL

The option across the street seems like a good choice unless the weather is bad. We avoid at all cost driving the car to thru the dropoff at the terminal....

discount parking is a little further, but its either on the shorter or longer that one is $5 cheaper than some of the other names.

If you stay at howard johnsons across the street, you can park free and use their shuttle for $5 pp. Keep costs down more, drop off everyone but the driver.

Archived