Cloud crossing

Silver Spectre

Back on the Cloud and loving every minute. CD is Judy, MD is Jorge, HD is the lovely Helmut, Guest relations is smiling Tim, and the very best of all is that we have 2 NZ Sauv Blancs on board. Oh Joy!!

Left Lisbon yesterday evening and had a rather rough run until the early morning when it finally settled.

Internet is working and if it stays up will try and post every couple of days.

Could you please tell me if the Cloud has Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio or a good substitute? We will be on the Cloud in Feb. and just want to know what wine to request on my Guest Info. form. Thank you and have a lovely cruise.:)

Could you please tell me if the Cloud has Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio or a good substitute? We will be on the Cloud in Feb. and just want to know what wine to request on my Guest Info. form. Thank you and have a lovely cruise.:)

I was on the Cloud in September and no Santa Margherita to be had -- the substitute was "acceptable" -- really -- I'm not a wine snob and it was just fine.

I too will be interested if it is currently available. (I'm not holding my breath)

No Santa Margherita as far as I can tell.

Food very good so far on this cruise, Exec Chef is Anne-marie and she is great. Comp wines not too bad.

Jean Ryan dancers and ballroom couple have gone and been replaced by Silversea singers, who have so far only managed one performance in 7 days!!, this also means most activities are unsupported.

We also have a team of entertainment directors and producers on board.

Not sure yet if this is going to be a positive change

Hi Silver Spectre, glad you're enjoying your Cloud crossing and enjoy the Emiliana Syrah too. If you happen to run into Malcolm and Jean, please pass Wes & Ida's warm regards along--thanks

Rain, rain, rain, not only from the sky, but also from the Cloud. Yes, the moisture from the funnel falls as rain at the back of deck even when the sky is blue.

And just to make life hard, the air con is failing to cope with the tropics, dinning room like a sauna.

And its staff dinner in the Terrace tonight, so its closed, and even though its p****** it down outside, dinner under the stars (or rain) must procede.

Oh what fun it is to be on such a lovely Silver lady.

Rain, rain, rain, not only from the sky, but also from the Cloud. Yes, the moisture from the funnel falls as rain at the back of deck even when the sky is blue.

And just to make life hard, the air con is failing to cope with the tropics, dinning room like a sauna.

And its staff dinner in the Terrace tonight, so its closed, and even though its p****** it down outside, dinner under the stars (or rain) must procede.

Oh what fun it is to be on such a lovely Silver lady.

Did the $2,000 pp credit satisfy you?

Did the $2,000 pp credit satisfy you?

A small(ish) token guesture would have sufficed, but then I do not hale from the Land of Litigation.

However, I was extremely satisfied both by the excellent quality of the food on this trip and the outstanding service that the staff delivered under appalling conditions (for them).

We were very surprised at the $US2000.00 per person to come off any cruise we take in the next 18 months. The ship was dreadfully hot - we were in 449 and the problems seemed to get worse from the 2nd day of the crossing. We were given another cabin for sleeping but chose to keep 449 as I needed the walk in shower. When we docked in Antigua we were given an electric fan and we saw 3 more fans being brought on. The crew must have suffered dreadfully in their accomodations but still they did their jobs remarkably well despite the conditions.

A lot of passengers said never again would they use Silversea so the compensation is a teaser to get people back on another cruise.

When we got off in Barbados there were two interesting events, firstly the engineer with the compressor parts was getting on, and staying on until it was fixed, and second, a large quantity of wine was being delivered, including a significant amount of Dashwood NZ Sav Blanc, some of which appeared to be scheduled for the Whisper.

Assume to A/C was fixed when they left, wonder how its holding up

Look a couple threads up, Silver. They are not faring well. Hope they get it together before we go to the Caribbean in Feb. Plus, the shipboard credits must be expensive for SS.

Not to worry.....they can afford it. Ship needs to get to dry dock. A/C needs an overhaul for sure.:(

Hi Silver Spectre, glad you're enjoying your Cloud crossing and enjoy the Emiliana Syrah too. If you happen to run into Malcolm and Jean, please pass Wes & Ida's warm regards along--thanks

We were on the Silver Cloud with Malcolm and Jean, who have become very good friends of ours. I have news for you if you want to get in touch with me.

Archived