My Cabin Assignment is Now Blank

Homala

I received an email yesterday from HAL saying my paperwork is ready and it showed my cabin assignment - an SS (I booked an SZ guaranty). Now today I received another email from HAL saying there has been a change to my cabin assignment. I looked at my reservation and my cabin assignment is blank. :(

Would they ever go back down in cabin assignment? Is it possible I will end up with SZ (not likely, because there are only two of them on the ship) or an SY - certainly wouldn't be the end of the world and might even be in a better location. Or might we be blessed with an even better dusting from the upgrade fairy and we'll get an SC, SB or SA? (I can dream, can't I?)

Just wondering if anyone else ever had an assignment suddenly "go away"?

If you pretend to bring up your luggage tags, your stateroom number will be on your tags. Not to worry......

The one you got yesterday was a standard booking confirmation that was requested manually by the person who assigned your room. The one you got today is the automated system notification.

Gunther1 - you were right! I went to my luggage tags and the same room number assigned yesterday is on there. Still not on the Reservations page, but that's ok. THANKS!

Pete Jackson - I'm on Oosterdam November 12th (r/t to Hawaii). Pretty early for an assignment, I think...

It always seems to show up about a day before under the online check in/luggage tag side before it does on the reservation side. The HAL site is doing weird things today. My May 2013 cruise has disappeared from the website altogether:confused:.

It always seems to show up about a day before under the online check in/luggage tag side before it does on the reservation side. The HAL site is doing weird things today. My May 2013 cruise has disappeared from the website altogether:confused:.

Yikes! I wouldn't be happy to see that! I hope your cruise reappears!

Yeah, I'm happy with a free upgrade to SS. And as I said - it feels so much more REAL with a cabin assigned. :)

Now if I could just quit obsessing about it, quit looking at CC every 10 minutes, and get back to work! Three and a half weeks to go...

The HAL site is doing weird things today. My May 2013 cruise has disappeared from the website altogether:confused:.

Oh-oh. That doesn't sound good. I hope it's just the system burping, and not that your ship has been chartered that week.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I hope my cruise will reappear too. It's been marketed as a 14 day and 18 day cruise so I hope it's too long to charter. I really want to go to the Panama Canal again and this is the only one I can find that fits my work schedule so I hope it will reappear. What's really weird is that there is NOTHING listed for May 2013 on the HAL website that I can see. I guess they are parking all those puppies for a month.

Could the Amsterdam be scheduled for a dry dock at the close of the world cruise in May, 2013 instead of jumping through the canal?

The same thought occured to me. The cruise is still showing on one of the big online TA's. If it were cancelled/chartered I wonder how long it would take to be removed from there.

If you pretend to bring up your luggage tags, your stateroom number will be on your tags. Not to worry......

The one you got yesterday was a standard booking confirmation that was requested manually by the person who assigned your room. The one you got today is the automated system notification.

Thanks for the tip about the luggage tags. Mine don't show a cabin assignment yet, but I will keep checking. It's early, my cruise isn't until 11/27...but it gives me something to do in the meantime. :)

Thanks for the tip about the luggage tags. Mine don't show a cabin assignment yet, but I will keep checking. It's early, my cruise isn't until 11/27...but it gives me something to do in the meantime. :)

Which cruise are you on Nov 27th? I am on the Nieuw Amsterdam Nov 27th cruise fro FLL.

Archived