Sushi on Wonder

PSDottie

I will be taking my 8 year old granddaughter on a cruise in early December. The only "requirement" she has is that the ship has sushi! There aren't too many ships going from California so I am considering the Wonder. Is there sushi available?

Thanks -- I guess that leaves Disney out. The only alternative out of CA for the date we want to go would be the Splendor which I don't want to do. An 8 year old shouldn't be allowed to like sushi so much! :)

:eek:

Wow, this is one of the most incredible things that I have ever read in all of my years on the Cruise Critic boards!

The Wonder sails from LA. There are PLENTY of Sushi Bars for before and after the cruise. If I remember correctly there was some sushi on the buffet, I just don't know how good it is...

Besides, I think the excitement of a Disney cruise will outweigh the disappointment of no sushi...

Celebrity has sushi every night in their buffet restaurant (don't know what you call it most ships its called a Lido) They set up a Japanese area around 6PM and have all types of Sushi. We always take late seating for dinner but slip up to the Lido and get some sushi to go with our pre dinner cocktail in our cabin.

How I wish Celebrity was on the west coast -- they are my favorite ships. Still haven't decided should I take my granddaughter on Disney, Carnival or Oosterdam. Disney is almost twice the price to be assured of getting a full balcony. Sushi on Celebrity was great the last time we were on it.

I can't believe your basing your whole cruise vacation on an 8 year old's desire to have sushi. :confused: This is her "requirement"? This demending at 8 years old. Just wait till she is in her teens. :eek:

Hey, give Dotti a break, it's her GRANDDAUGHTER.... you remember how your grandma doted on you, don't you??? :D

Hey, give Dotti a break, it's her GRANDDAUGHTER.... you remember how your grandma doted on you, don't you??? :D

You didn't know my grandma. She hit us with a wooden spoon for swinging our feet at the dinner table. :mad: She lived with us so it was no treat for her to see us. :(

Sorry, I gave the wrong impression about sushi being a requirement. My husband died recently and my daughter thought it would be good for both me and my granddaughter to have time together on a cruise. When we first spoke about it she was indeed excited and then asked if they would have sushi. When I told her the ship would have it she was even more excited. Since then she said to me "Grandma, you don't really have to find a ship with sushi -- it will be OK."

Has anyone seen one of the guarantee balcony cabins on Disney that only has a large porthole? I really don't want to get stuck with that and don't want to pay the extra money to be sure to get a regular balcony. I really don't want to take her on Carnival Splendor and I think the Oosterdam would be pretty dull.

Sorry, I gave the wrong impression about sushi being a requirement. My husband died recently and my daughter thought it would be good for both me and my granddaughter to have time together on a cruise. When we first spoke about it she was indeed excited and then asked if they would have sushi. When I told her the ship would have it she was even more excited. Since then she said to me "Grandma, you don't really have to find a ship with sushi -- it will be OK."

That's nice to know that she is reasonable about it.

I was getting visions of Veruca Salt.

Dottie,

I am not sure what you mean by "Has anyone seen one of the guarantee balcony cabins on Disney that only has a large porthole" Are you referring to the Ocean View rooms? I had one of those. The port hole was a good five foot in diameter... No balcony though... I have a shot or two taken from the porthole, but they are at home and I am at work... :(

You didn't know my grandma. She hit us with a wooden spoon for swinging our feet at the dinner table. :mad: She lived with us so it was no treat for her to see us. :(

Gee, that was my mother who broke the wooden spoons on us. Grandma baked us cookies and carrot cake... ;)

Dottie,

I am not sure what you mean by "Has anyone seen one of the guarantee balcony cabins on Disney that only has a large porthole" Are you referring to the Ocean View rooms? I had one of those. The port hole was a good five foot in diameter... No balcony though... I have a shot or two taken from the porthole, but they are at home and I am at work... :(

I think she might be referring to a Navigator's Veranda. We've never stayed in one of those cabins, but maybe somebody here can give you some advice. I'm sure you're granddaughter will love the Disney Cruise! Good luck!

I really don't want to take her on Carnival Splendor and I think the Oosterdam would be pretty dull.

While I think DCL is probably the best choice, I can assure you the Oosterdam is not dull and that you would have a wonderful cruise on that ship as well. And yes, HAL does have sushi on their buffet.

• 4 months later...

Archived