Stateroom Categories....

azurewater

Good Afternoon,

We are booked ES for a cruise in January 2012. When I use the fare checker link that was provided here on cruisecritic.com, to check fares, it comes up in various categories. There is nowhere on my booking papers that shows a category. We are in an aft bacony.

Next question is IF my category (that is saying I know what category we are in) is not listed then how do you determine if you are entitled to a price drop? Using the next highest category?

If you use the next highest category, do you have to take that category of room, because I REALLY want to try an aft balcony.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

dlp

I don't use fareviewer or what ever I just do a mock booking.

If you go to carnival.com and look at the deck plans you can find your cabin category with just your room number.

I go in and do a mock booking and look for any rate that is at least in my category that I am authorized for to match the cruise fare to. It's the cruise only fare, no taxes and stuff like that.

Balconies across the back at 8N or 8M depending on the ship.

Unless you are talking about the wrap around balcony.

When looking at the fare view you want to look at the 8N or M and anything higher

Good Afternoon,

We are booked ES for a cruise in January 2012. When I use the fare checker link that was provided here on cruisecritic.com, to check fares, it comes up in various categories. There is nowhere on my booking papers that shows a category. We are in an aft bacony.

Next question is IF my category (that is saying I know what category we are in) is not listed then how do you determine if you are entitled to a price drop? Using the next highest category?

If you use the next highest category, do you have to take that category of room, because I REALLY want to try an aft balcony.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

dlp

you are in a 8N (i'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong). Correct, if you're category no longer shows, you price match to the category above yours. I've read on here that you have to take the next highest category but I've also read that you can just request the OBC.

Archived