Naughty Room

wezie

Where exactly is the naughty room and how do you know if you have to go there? Also, what if you have rum runners? Will they just take it out and deliver your luggage or will you still have to go to the naughty room?

Where exactly is the naughty room and how do you know if you have to go there? Also, what if you have rum runners? Will they just take it out and deliver your luggage or will you still have to go to the naughty room?

They won't open your luggage without you being there.

If the cruise line suspects there is alcohol in the luggage when they x-ray it they deliver it to the naughty room (which is different location on each ship I believe). They will leave a phone message in your cabin and you must go down and open the suitcase for them so they can inspect it. If they find a sealed bottle of liquor they will hold it until the end of the cruise, if the liquor is in another type of container they just toss it out. You then have to take your own luggage to your cabin, they don't deliver it after the naughty room inspection.

My personal opinion is that it's not worth the hassle at the start of your cruise, especially when you can order a bar set up of liquor for your cabin prior to your cruise and it will be waiting for you when you get to your cabin.

I got to go to the naughty room for my soda. They asked me questions and never asked me to open open my suitcase. LOL It WAS really just soda. I think they also knew it was just soda.

I knew I had to go to the naughty room since my suitcase never arrived.

My personal opinion is that it's not worth the hassle at the start of your cruise, especially when you can order a bar set up of liquor for your cabin prior to your cruise and it will be waiting for you when you get to your cabin.

+1

Needless to say embarrassing as well as everyone knows why your in the line up.

Not necessarily, from what I've read on here many consider it a badge of honor to have gone.

We've got Rum Runners too. Friends of ours said they have gone on 7 to 8 cruises and never got caught. Worst case senerio, they take it and give it back at the end of the cruise. I was told to put it insidea plastic baggie and stick it in between your clothes.....we'll see!

Needless to say embarrassing as well as everyone knows why your in the line up.

Well, you could just be there because you have soda, or water, or mouthwash, in your checked luggage, or even a mistake has been made. It would be more realistic to say that everyone who sees you will automatically assume you are smuggling alcohol.;)

I got to go to the naughty room for my soda...

Been on many a cruise with rum runners, and never been to the naughty room. Nothing like having a glass of wine or a gin and tonic on my balcony while sailing away. Never been to the Naughty Room...maybe some day I'll meet my smuggling friends!

Worst case senerio, they take it and give it back at the end of the cruise.

Nope, they don't give rum runners back, they dispose of them. They only return it if it is in its original, unopened container. (And if you do get caught you have to waste time twice- once going to the naughty room and again when you have to go back to pick up whatever it was. Personally I wouldn't subject myself to that for any reason.)

Um you reeeeeeeeally should check out the posts on here about Dunkin Donuts Cup o' Joe bladders....Rum went well with the soda I brought on board in June ;) ...shhhhh.

My son was called to the "naughty room" because he had a knife in his dive gear. They said it was too big and had to check it. Unfortunately, when he went to retrieve his knife at the end of the cruise, they couldn't find it!!! Go figure!

Maybe NCL can make money off the "naughty room". They could sell T shirts as you leave the room that say "I've been to the naughty room. Have you?" At $20 a piece it would make a great revenue generator.

Um you reeeeeeeeally should check out the posts on here about Dunkin Donuts Cup o' Joe bladders....Rum went well with the soda I brought on board in June ;) ...shhhhh.

If you want it to be "Shhhh", why are you posting it on here ? :rolleyes:

We had a ball on the Sky watching the smugglers get caught in the various naughty rooms off the grand atrium. They'd be standing in line for an hour and then see the sign that said deck 7 & 8 only. What a stink ! Self-righteous and indignant. Pretty funny. Then there were the parents with the two school-aged children watching. What an excellent education.:cool:

If you want it to be "Shhhh", why are you posting it on here ? :rolleyes:

We had a ball on the Sky watching the smugglers get caught in the various naughty rooms off the grand atrium. They'd be standing in line for an hour and then see the sign that said deck 7 & 8 only. What a stink ! Self-righteous and indignant. Pretty funny. Then there were the parents with the two school-aged children watching. What an excellent education.:cool:

Ok for starters it was a joke, hence the shhhh. And for seconds, it was a shhh in reference to the fact I did it and got a way with it. I didnt got with young children either just so you know. lol

Love what the previous poster said about the Tshirts. Id buy one just to wear home lol. There is also the "My friend got sent to the Naughty room and all I got was this Tshirt" ones. Or the "Have you been Naughty? I was on NCL". or "I was sent to the naughty room. And how was your cruise?" and each could have ncl logos and stuff lol. "Its not a cruise till you been to the naughty room." Theyd make a mint.:D

I will never live it down. I got my picture in front of the jail in Bermuda. Then at the convicts grave yard. I waited till the very end. The only one there was a steward. I put it in the bag with Preparation H and wipes, lol. He saw what it was next to and said go ahead. I did tell the truth too. A pint of Crown.

FYI box of wine less the box works well too.

And I want a tee shirt too.

Archived