Another kids S&S question

MamaParrotHead

If you give your kids' minimal charging priviledges on their S&S, do you then have to provide the $250 pp S&S deposit as adults do? Where do you put the limit on their daily spending, just at guest services (or can it be done online prior to embarkation)?

Thanks

All of the amounts that Carnival indicates for on board accounts are RECOMMENDED... there is no minimum requirement.

Cash Deposit:

U.S. Currency and Traveler's Checks may be used to open your Sail & Sign Account. Once on board, please visit our Guest Services Desk who will gladly assist you in opening your account. Throughout the cruise, as you approach the deposit limit, our Guest Services Desk will notify you that additional money must be deposited.

"Recommended" deposits per sailing duration:

2-4 day cruises: $100 deposit pp

5-8 day cruises: $200 deposit pp

9+ day cruises: $350 deposit pp

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Header_466

I've talked to parents who put $100 on a Sail & Sign account for a kid for a given cruise and when it's gone it's gone! That pretty well controls spending!

:)

We sailed with all 5 of our kids on the Dream in July 2010. Ages (18,18,16,15,5) Everyone had charging privlages w/o limits. My kids combined spent a total of $8. Before we left I explained in detail the cost of the cruise etc., and what it included and ask that they be considerate of my wallet on the ship. By the end of cruise I was beggin them to spend my money on things...lol Anyway, they said there just wasn't anything they needed to spend money on because they needs were covered in the cruise cost. YAY!

Happy cruising

We sailed with all 5 of our kids on the Dream in July 2010. Ages (18,18,16,15,5) Everyone had charging privlages w/o limits. My kids combined spent a total of $8. Before we left I explained in detail the cost of the cruise etc., and what it included and ask that they be considerate of my wallet on the ship. By the end of cruise I was beggin them to spend my money on things...lol Anyway, they said there just wasn't anything they needed to spend money on because they needs were covered in the cruise cost. YAY!

Happy cruising

Need a DD-40?

I could help spend! :p

Great kids! You must be proud.

If a child is too young to roam about on their own, there is no need for them to even CARRY their own card...you should keep it. Since they will be with you all the time, YOU can purchase whatever you deem necessary, when they are with you. They don't need a penny.

I have always had my DS's card tied to my own. Our 1st cruise when he was 15, I told him he had a $25/day limit. If he went over even one cent I woudl revike his S&S card spending priviledges I checked every morning on the TV first thing and he never went over. Second cruise he was 16, and had a $30 limit/day - same deal - never went over. We are going over Xmas (he is now 17) - suppose this time I can give him less because he has a job now and can contribute to his cruise spending! :D

If a child is too young to roam about on their own, there is no need for them to even CARRY their own card...you should keep it. Since they will be with you all the time, YOU can purchase whatever you deem necessary, when they are with you. They don't need a penny.

my concern was while they are in camp carnival. any advice on that?

Archived