What to wear on casual nights?

alvin moondust

We are joining Ventura in December in the Caribbean, There are four formal nights and ten casual nights. We were wondering what people wear on 'casual' nights. We are looking forward to the dressing up for dinner element and are hoping its not shorts and Tshirts all the time. So what do people tend to wear on the normal nights? Is it smart pants and casual shirt, dresses for the ladies?

Thanks

Steve

Virtually anything apart from shorts, sportswear and trainers; as long as it is clean and in an acceptable state of repair and presentation. Jeans are fine as long as they are not distressed, and on my last cruise on her last August were worn by many mainly - but not exclusively - younger passengers. On the other hand some - mainly older- passengers wore jacket and tie. Neither looked the slightest bit out of place. So wear what you want - within the published dress code - and don't worry about anyone else.

for me smart casual is chinos or possibly dress jeans if i was younger. short or long sleeve shirt with collar and no tie. i like those soft finish shirts. Casual shoes or surprisingly dress trainers. These are labeled as trainers but you certainly could not run in them and they don't look like sports wear.

Basically sports gear is out with the exception of polo shirts as they have a collar. Don't wear one with a number on the back though!

I also have a comfortable pair of slip on highly polished plain black shoes which i use for formal nights and can also be used for smart casual to ring the changes.

Remember - jeans take up a lot of weight in the case and it is hot in the Caribbean!

We have been twice now on Caribbean cruises and havent seen many in jeans.

Might be different on Ventura though as I've heard its more casual. Still if its the Caribbean the same above applies whichever ship you are on!

Archived