The dreaded price drop after final happy story.

bajathree

That's it. You can always upgrade at whatever today's price is. People often wait until after final payment when sometimes prices go down, and then take advantage of the difference in what they are paying and the new lower price to buy themselves an upgrade for less.

Not always ....if it is a "sale" price or a price that is for "new bookings only" you are not able to upgrade at that price.

Well I must send out a GREAT BIG THANKS to all of you:)all of your fingers crossed and good lucks must have worked;).....I just got assigned a very nice GS:D

VERY nice indeed...Congrats!!! Good job playing the game;) I'm sure sure whoever was in that GS, is happy with their upgrade as well.

Well I must send out a GREAT BIG THANKS to all of you:)all of your fingers crossed and good lucks must have worked;).....I just got assigned a very nice GS:D

Congratulations! Well done! Where do you go on the website to see the current specials and upcoming specials?

What happens if there are no balconies available after final payment? Sometimes ships sell out, you know. Will you hate your interior cabin? Best rule of thumb is to book the best cabin you can afford, that you know you will be happy with. If an interior is it, then tell yourself all the advantages of being in an inside room: good sleep because it's totally dark; great price & you still get all the same ports, entertainment and food as those paying double and triple what you are paying; what you saved on cabin cost will now pay your airfare, hotel and/or your excursions etc.

I've been in the lowest inside to a mini suite and have loved cruising in any of them. Be happy.

Thats exactly how I feel about it. I would LOVE a balcony as I have never had one but will be happy to just be on the ship.

You guys want to hear something funny/weird....next weeks Tuesday sale list came out today...and once again this sailing is on it....so for next week they have a balcony Cat X balcony guar on it for $429/pp.....well the part that is funny....a Cat X "TODAY" on Royal's site after they released the Tues Sales list for next week dropped down to $399....so todays price is LESS than what next Tuesday's Sales price is going to be....I have seen this happen before.

Where do you find these Tuesday sale's list you speak of Steve? Thanks:D

Congrats Steve! The friends we are going with got a GS also. We werent so lucky. My wife and I got a JS on deck 9 across from the elevator. We are still excited since we have never had a JS before.

Where do you find these Tuesday sale's list you speak of Steve? Thanks:D

Here is the link to the Tues Sale.....the same link will update weekly...usually late Thur afternoon for the following week.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Congrats Steve! The friends we are going with got a GS also. We werent so lucky. My wife and I got a JS on deck 9 across from the elevator. We are still excited since we have never had a JS before.

A JS is a GREAT room...actually the closet set-up is even better than that in the GS....the JS has a full walk in closet. I just looked and there is a prime mid hump JS available on deck 9 right now.....you can call and asked to be switched.

A JS is a GREAT room...actually the closet set-up is even better than that in the GS....the JS has a full walk in closet. I just looked and there is a prime mid hump JS available on deck 9 right now.....you can call and asked to be switched.

Thanks for the heads up but by the time I woke up and looked it was gone. Thats what happens when you work late the night before. O well. I will continue to look and maybe I will see something else.

Ok, double check my understanding...

For the Tuesday Sale, if the price goes down before final payment you can get the reduced rate or upgrade.

~But~

if the price goes down **After** final payment you can NOT get a OBC or upgrade!

My cruise date is 2.26.11 But I look for price reductions daily...So Far..one for my CAT D1 and 2 for the K.

Thanks Much :)

Ok, double check my understanding...

For the Tuesday Sale, if the price goes down before final payment you can get the reduced rate or upgrade.

~But~

if the price goes down **After** final payment you can NOT get a OBC or upgrade!

My cruise date is 2.26.11 But I look for price reductions daily...So Far..one for my CAT D1 and 2 for the K.

Thanks Much :)

After final you can upgrade as long as the price isn't for "new reservations only"....Tuesday Sales are for new reservations only. I know it's a bit confusing as when you look up a sailing on Royal's site you just see a price...so you really don't know if there are restrictions on that price or not. All prices have a price code associated with them.....those codes can only be seen by TA's or on Royals end and it's those codes that signify if it's upgradeable or not with an existing resi.

After final you can upgrade as long as the price isn't for "new reservations only"....Tuesday Sales are for new reservations only. I know it's a bit confusing as when you look up a sailing on Royal's site you just see a price...so you really don't know if there are restrictions on that price or not. All prices have a price code associated with them.....those codes can only be seen by TA's or on Royals end and it's those codes that signify if it's upgradeable or not with an existing resi.

Ok, Thanks for filling in the blanks...So basically, if you see it CALL, just in case.

Thanks and my pocket book thanks you.

Thanks for the heads up but by the time I woke up and looked it was gone. Thats what happens when you work late the night before. O well. I will continue to look and maybe I will see something else.

Keep checking....it may end up back again...sometimes people put a hold on it but don't end up booking it....check first thing in the mornings.

After reading your story...I too took the deal...$50 pp for a suite guarantee. I am praying we receive the same good fortune you did...a GS would be so suite for our 25th wedding anniversary....

After reading your story...I too took the deal...$50 pp for a suite guarantee. I am praying we receive the same good fortune you did...a GS would be so suite for our 25th wedding anniversary....

Make sure that 25th wedding anniversary is noted on your reservation. That might help in getting a nice upgrade. For a $100 bucks to get aleast a Junior Suite, you did very well already. Enjoy !

Jimbo:)

Archived